We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
Proud of you @Rhyddid2026 that is, and I think this word must have been released from the years of stuff in your shed, a stonking job 👏
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty1 -
wow that sounds impressive @Rhyddid2026 Sorting out the garage is on my list but keeps being put off. I have crates of materials from a former hobby - haven’t done it in the five years since I moved here, will probably never do it again, but I can’t quite let go yet.
Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.3 -
I decided to switch over to the thicker winter duvet so I'm washing the thinner one now.
I'm off to Ibiza tomorrow, but I have a long to-do list when I get back! I will put it on here to remind me as well.
I want to buy a few things like new pillows for our bed and I was going to try a course of vegan collagen.
I need to book another trip back to Brighton and I might book a festival for next year. I need to book a massage, a reiki session, the hygienist, the dermatologist and the cleaner. I need to decide if I am cancelling a subscription too.
5 -
Forget the collagen (vegan or otherwise) - its a complete waste of money hence not MSE.
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.2 -
I have sorted emails and saved those that need saving. Also updated my budget. Small steps!
2 -
I have heard of quite a few women saying they notice the difference with collagen. I will research it beforehand anyway. I did start taking creatine, but stopped as I didn't notice anything at all!
1 -
Made a purchase through argos and realised I hadn't linked my nectar account, was going to shrug it off and just link it for any future purchases but instead actually bothered to go on live chat and get the points applied.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
Every healthcare professional knows that places like Holland & Barrett trade on naivety:
I have complained to the ASA about their unfounded advertising claims before.
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.0 -
I was listening to a programme on radio 4 yesterday with one of the Van Tulleken doctor/brothers, who said that the mark up on selling waste products from the meat industry to make collagen supplements is massive, greater than the mark up on cocaine! He said that you are much better off boiling up a chicken carcass and drinking the broth to get any extra collagen if you feel you need it.
3 -
but it wouldn't be vegan!! where do they get vegan collagen from??
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




