We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
Some steps achieved, f&v portions caught up with, some more cleaning done. Just the oven and fridge to do * procrastinates for rest of month *
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Well the man came on Thursday to fit the new gutters, he was here less than an hour and all I can say is that I wish I could earn money that quickly! He did a great job, tidied up after himself and it’s going to be great the first time it rains and I don’t have a cascade coming down in front of the window. It wasn’t that difficult (except for paying for it 🙄) and I don’t know why I’ve put it off for four years.
Next step, bedroom floor and finding a decorator. Obviously, there are going to be lots of other steps including clearing everything out of said bedroom, I’m not thinking about that or I’ll never do it!Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.8 -
I find myself a victim of this trend to bring Christmas seasonal stock out at the start of September! I was lookig for some more sacks of daffodil bulbs (I haven't been able to find any for less than 10p/bulb, most places sell for considerably more!) because all the gardening stuff has now been replaced with mince pies and the like.
I look forward to the first three weeks of September at least, season of president plums, greengauges, squashes, corn on the cob etc. Why not celebrate the fruits of autumn whilst we can? Its a fleeting season and it would be remiss of us not to enjoy it.
I haven't made nearly enough progress on my list lately, life has just been too much fun.
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.3 -
I got a couple of small bags from lidl last week @Rosa_Damascena but no idea what the price per bulb is. MSE had an offer in the newsletter for spring bulbs in case that's of use, apparently not if you have cat or dog though!
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/thompson-and-morgan/#rXRK5z5XJ3JPA7KJtf0o7
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
I did see both - Lidl bags are £2.99 for 30, the MSE offer is not to my liking.
My problem is my brain struggles to move on from the prices I paid in 2005!
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.3 -
I think you need to get in touch with reality - 2026 prices are nowhere near 2005.
2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐2 -
I didn't realise that tulips and daffodils weren't cat friendly, thanks PIP. Also just found out on the cat's protection site that cherry laurel is toxic - feel a bit daft not knowing this, we have quite a few of these. Our mog isn't likely to eat the leaves but it looks like we need to be careful with any clippings. Mog likes a good horsetail grass to chew on (cat safe according to CP) so I'll have to look out for more of those.
"Think of many things, do one"
DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga4 -
I feel like 10p a bulb is quite a reasonable price? Mine have been from the R4nge which sells them well into November. Daffodils are very popular up here though- the city is covered in them from end of March.
I got my tulip bulbs from the fancy garden centre on Thursday, I am quite pleased with this as I never get them in time so have not yet achieved my tulip garden dreams. I want to get the lidl ones to bulk it out, I got four bags at £19 plus a free bag of mini daffodils.
5 -
Ha know the feeling @Rosa_Damascena
Have got some old honesty seeds and delphinium seeds so will layer those in just in case they're still a going concern. They're currently in the fridge as apparently this helps, as long as you don't eat them
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
The new (larger) tarpaulins which were due for delivery tomorrow arrived this morning, so I’ve had a good wrestle with them and got them pegged down over the empty veg garden. It’s a bit windy out there so to be on the safe side I’ve lain flat a couple of heavy metal shelving units (which will be going into the new shed) on top of the tarps just to ensure they don’t fly away 🤣. It’s been a good job done, it looks like it’s going to rain for most of tomorrow so I’m glad I finished it off today.
I do need to lift and re-level all the paving slabs which are the base for the new shed. I’m hoping it isn’t as awful a task as it sounds. I have until the end of October to complete it but am aiming for the end of next week, I’ll be much happier when I know it’s all okay.
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




