We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
I’ve never had very good experiences with Thompson and Morgan offers - orders not being fulfilled, plants arriving dead and shrivelled, difficulty getting anything refunded etc. I wouldn’t use them again,
I planted about 80 each daffodil, tulip and snowdrop bulbs this morning. I bought these from the Range - their prices are good, but I find I always have to pay close attention to their offers. Several boxes of bulbs on the display stand are marked as three packs for £10, but packs are not clearly labelled and get mixed in with ones excluded from the offer, which you don’t discover until you get to the till and get charged more. It’s happened to me several times ☹️
4 -
I did strip my parent's sweetpeas of their pods the other week, they were dehydrated on the stalk but I have yet to shell them.
I bit the bullet and bought a bag of mixed bulbs from Lidl for £7.99, they work out at about 16p each. No daffs left.
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.3 -
I've finally got round to putting a shelf up in the craft room tonight 🙂🙂 I've been planning it for years 😂 I'll put up another one tomorrow, then I can start shifting stuff around and hopefully creating some more space on the floor...
4 -
I was inspired by the bulb chat here to plant up my three indoor hyacinth vases. They are now in a dark corner hopefully putting out roots.
Today’s task is to read all the annuity info and complete the application form. I visited my Mum in her care home yesterday. A 10 hour trip all round. It is always an emotional experience but the whippet and I did our best to stay calm and patient. The dog is definitely my emotional support on these visits and his gentleness with Mum and the other residents (many of them give him a cuddle) is lovely to see. Animals have amazing empathy. We are both a bit tired today.
7 -
List is very slow progress but at least it's something! To do list this week is the same as before - get the stuff to animal rescue, charity etc and make the toilet bombs 😉
Clear out, clean and reorganise my wardrobe - doing on the bedroom day with flylady thread
Get the old towels and bedding to the local wildlife rescue - this weeks mission
Get the veggie beds cleared (where required), weeded and topped up with compost - job for next month
Start on the garden revamp (I've broken it down to smaller areas (about 12 of them I think) so I'd like to complete 2 this autumn - started by clearing the greenhouse this week 🙌 dh sorted the hotbins this week too 😀
Get my toilet 'bombs' made - mission for this week
Pick elderberries and make cordial (elderberries picked, cleaned and in the freezer ready to be processed) - done! 🙌
Pick damsons and make chutney and jam - done! 🙌
Harvest beetroot and pickle - done! 🙌
Do a deep clean in the yoga room - I will do a decent clean this week on the 'spare room' day with flylady but the cats are relocating at the end of this month so the deep clean will happen at the beginning of next 😉
Start the C25K challenge - starting later this month
Start doing home 'gym' sessions once or twice a week - starting at the same time as C25K
Stick to my daily yoga and mindfulness practices - completing daily 😁
@Brie - toilets bombs are made with bicarbonate of soda, citric acid and essential oils - mix together, spray with water until the mix holds it's shape when squeezed in your hand, put into silicone moulds (or just squeeze together into small balls/cake shapes), leave to dry overnight and then pop into an airtight jar. Add 2 to the loo, leave for 20 minutes then flush 😁
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - September- £61.23/£350
Debt neutral fund - 2/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'6 -
I've written my letter to the council, I just need to print it and post it now. Please remind me as posting things is my absolute nemesis. I have a box waiting for me to courier to a colleague that's been on the dining table for 2 weeks.
Someone came today to measure up my kitchen. I was meant to go to the showroom for quotes next week but I've postponed it for a month or so. There's no point yet as I can't afford it til next year.
I had planned to start emptying the shed ready for the tip run tomorrow, but I have discovered a small wall carrying water to the drain has been "broken" between me and the neighbour so all the rain is running through the shed and onto my patio. Deep joy!
Oo and last night I invited a friend around to help me with a big work thing that I've never tackled before. I have a much clearer idea of what I need to do now and that's a massive weight off my shoulders. I just need to start writing it all up now.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2504 -
Rhyddid could book it to be collected from your house ?
2 -
Went to the gym again this morning and booked a review session with one of the trainers to extend my training program next Sunday!
Cleaned the smears off the living room windows and cleaned the outside of the shower cubicle - been meaning to do the latter for a verrrrry long time … <ahem> 😉
KKAs at 26.09.26:
- When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
- OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
c. 17 months reduction in term
Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030
Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October.
Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.Watch your actions, they become your reality.4 -
I mowed the grass! First time since July I think. It had barely grown in all that time but shot up in the last couple of weeks and was looking quite unkempt.
Also finally got round to taking the oldprinter to the tip yesterday too. It's been cluttering up by the back door for months 🙈
4 -
I could do a lot of things @WelshmansDaughter but I don't 😂 I've got 2 more days off work so no excuse.
I would also like to publicly announce that I have bought white boards and felt pin boards for the attic office I haven't used for 4 months, so I will absolutely definitely be going back up there to work imminently. That means I will also be sorting out a lot of things in that attic office to make it workable.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2508
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


