We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Barclaycard CSV exports

2

Comments

  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 400 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Another fault with the CSV downloads - transaction dates are wrong looks like they are using the posted date rather than the actual transaction date. (same goes with the PDF download, so a PDF download+copy paste isn't going to work).

    Looks as if Barclays have effectively pulled the transaction download functionality, as the HTML "export" doesn't actually work as it opens to a new window with the menus disabled so you can't actually save the information.

    I'm going to put in a complaint, effectively get paid to go away, while they do nothing. Meanwhile my spending will get moved onto my shiny new Lloyds Ultra card for 12 months. Won't be binning Barclaycard though - 0.5% cashback will beat the Ultra 0.25% in 12 months time.

  • markja_2
    markja_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker

    It's even worse than that. These are my observations from the downloads made from Barclays.co.uk as the Barclaycard website is now closed:

    • The HTML export is devoid of an transaction data
    • Likewise the PDF is also missing any transaction data.
    • The CSV has incredibly rounded ALL the pence values to zero (*.00). I couldn't believe my eyes that this data was coming from a bank!! The same transaction had non-zero pence values on the screen version and then zeros in the CSV. Speechless.
    • And of course I was forced into the CSV version because all the OFX/QIF exports have just disappeared.

    So !!!!!! off with Barclays.

  • Paulu781
    Paulu781 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post

    Just to confirm - it's still broken. They told me they know about it, but can't give any timescale for fixing it. A bit useless to close the old website when the new one doesn't work. Time to get a different card.

  • Hi, Just called (25/08) customer services to complain about the csv transaction download is not working properly ie truncating the data to the integer (£) removing the pence from the data, there is no rounding (strangly credits to the account have 2 decimal places (pence). It also doesn't say what transactions the additional card holder made as on the previous Barclaycard website. I oringinally called on the 15/7/26 when I tested the Barclays website and pointed out the errors to them then, looks like nothing has been done in the 5+ weeks since. I have logged a complaint. The customer Service agents don't seem to understand the issue that people want raw data and just kept saying look at the app / or download statements.

  • For sausage_time, here is a couple of lines from a CSV download:

    The payment goes through with 2 dp (pence) but it was only pounds, no pence involved, but the purchase and the other purchases are just the pounds with no rounding, Netflix should be 12.99.

    The upper text was just copied into the reply, the bottom image is a screen grab from the data in excel

    Date

    Account/Card No

    Amount

    Subcategory

    Memo

    24/08/2026

    ************XXXX

    -1,500.00

    Payment received

    PAYMENT, THANK YOU Payment, Thank You

    24/08/2026

    ************XXXX

    12

    Purchase

    Netflix Netflix, London

    Barclays csv in excel.jpg
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 2,105 Senior Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Astonishing that Barclaycard released the feature whch is so obviously broken!

    I’m a Forum Senior Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards, Savings & Investments, Budgeting & Bank Accounts, and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.  All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • IJCannon
    IJCannon Posts: 1 Newbie
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 August at 4:16PM

    I've spent the past hour trying to find a way to export data that keeps the date and doesn't remove all decimal places from currency.

    So far, no luck without having to use a PDF version of what they'd otherwise send in the post and not something you can easily dump your months expenses into a spreadsheet with.

    This is not fit for purpose.

    I guess I'm in the market for a new credit card.

    Edit: After re-reading previous replies here, I did notice that excel is making the problem worse by replacing all dates with ########## even though the CSV has a valid date format if opened in notepad++

    As others have pointed out, it looks like all currency information is stored as an integer on their system, and then 2 empty decimal places added on the CSV, so everything is ".00" with all pennies deleted. There is no rounding; 30.99 is turned into 30.00.

    Also the dates in the CSV are off compared to what it shows in the app, but I suspect in this instance, the CSV date is correct. As the app condenses 4 days of transactions down the "4th August" yet none of those were on the 4th of August and were all between 5th and 8th.

    It's a farce in every direction.

  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 2,105 Senior Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    After re-reading previous replies here, I did notice that excel is making the problem worse by replacing all dates with ########## even though the CSV has a valid date format if opened in notepad++

    Isn't that just a column width too narrow issue @IJCannon?

    I’m a Forum Senior Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards, Savings & Investments, Budgeting & Bank Accounts, and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.  All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Their complaints dept called me, upheld my complaint and said they would pay me 30.00, which they did. They said they expect to have a fix in two weeks roughly, but couldn't give a guarantee. I said I would have to use other cards until it was fixed as it wasn't usable in it's current condition. I also asked about export in qif/ofx/ofc as it was there on the old Barclaycard website and they said it was in the plan to do that, but didn't have a date for it. I told them I knew they knew about the issue in early August and that pressing ahead with the closure of the old site when they knew the new one wasn't working was a mistake.

  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I am still happily accessing my Barclaycard account using https://bcol.barclaycard.co.uk/ecom/as2/initialLogon.do

    from which I regularly download transactions in OFX format to import into Moneydance.
    i was not aware that anything was changing.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.