We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Barclaycard CSV exports

13»

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Barclaycard is the worst non intuitive CC app I have ever had.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • I raised a complaint about the CSV file having truncated amounts (".00" pence everywhere) and the wrong transaction dates. They haven't replied to me yet, but amazingly it seems today they have fixed the problems. Pence are now showing correctly for the transactions, and transaction dates are now the date of purchase (as per the online screens) rather than what appeared to be the posting date. The dates are corrected in the PDF and HTML download formats too. At least they've fixed the problem before they discontinue the Barclaycard online browser version on 16th September. Still no OFX download option, though.

  • Correction: They've fixed the pence problem so the ".00" has gone away, but the date problem is still lurking there. My latest few transactions showed with their sale date, but some older ones still show dates a day after their sales dates. Maybe my latest transactions cleared on the day the sale was made so looked correct, but the older ones did not.

  • I downloaded my transactions from Barclaycard Avios in csv format every quarter to check my spending but just discovered this is now broken with the Online Banking website.

    If I go to Statements and documents > click "Search transactions" for one of the monthly statements > click the "Export" icon, it brings up a menu listing PDF file, CSV file, HTML file. It doesn't matter if you click CSV or HTML options, it just downloads the file in PDF.

    If I got to View Transactions click View all transactions then the Export icon, there are menu options to select a time period and file format. Again, it doesn't matter if you select CSV or HTML, the download is in PDF format.The time period also seems to be broken. For example, selecting a range of 3 months, PDF format, the file downloaded has no transactions in it.

    Is there any way of reporting this to Barclays other than calling up and listening to hold music for half an hour?

  • The CSV option works for me from a Windows PC running Chrome browser to get to Barclays online. However, if I do it from Chrome on an iPad it does what you say and creates a PDF not a CSV file. I think you need to use a Windows PC to get a text CSV file. The date range works for me.

    With regard contacting Barclays for help, whilst I did eventually get someone to answer the phone, I got cut off twice and had to go through it again, and still didn’t get the issue resolved.

    I then tried messaging them: log in to your account and go to Contact Us and select the message option near the bottom. They did reply after about 30 minutes but didn’t answer the problem, and each subsequent response took another 30 minutes until they closed the chat unprompted by me.

    Eventually I wrote to them on paper. They never replied, but magically they fixed the pence problem I had complained about (but not the incorrect date problem).

    I suggest like me you give up trying to get them to fix your problem and find a Windows PC instead.

  • inspectorperez
    inspectorperez Posts: 920 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper

    I suspect Barclays may not realise how much of a deal breaker it is by not being able to export in CSV format. It's major items only now that go on to my card and I only retain it because of the decent credit limit.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.