We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nationwide New Look

123457»

Comments

  • Stoodles
    Stoodles Posts: 840
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I made a complaint, but they closed it and revised it to "feedback".

    As part of their response they sent me this link for feedback.

    https://www.nationwide.co.uk/contact-us/make-a-complaint-or-send-us-feedback/

    However, in the Feedback section it says "To get started, select the blue ‘Chat with us’ button at the bottom of your screen." and I am yet to find any such button. They really don't want to know.

  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 3,826
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 14 July at 11:30AM

    I hold an account with Nationwide purely for the annual fairer share pay out + i have one of their 18month fixed term deposits. Provided i can put money in and get it out I really couldn't care less about their look, every site & app is different. To me it's just somewhere to deposit money on a temporary basis until something better, elsewhere, comes along.

  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 6,492
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 14 July at 9:45AM

    You cannot expect things to be frozen in aspic; have you tried Lloyds yet? It still uses the columns view you prefer.

    When I follow the link I see the chat button in the bottom right: are you running ad blockers and the like? Try a vanilla version of Chrome.

  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,738
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    There's a new button I've noticed on their web version in the top right called "detailed". It gets the view a bit closer to the original, might be bearable for some.

  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 751
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I found the button but it just shows the balance after each transaction. This is a help, but the debits and credits still show in the same column.

    I dislike using apps for banking as I find using the desktop versions for online banking much better.

    Nationwide say the new look is to make it appear more like the app. Why? Presumably most people were using the old look as they preferred it to the app.

    In consumer testing of the new look (if they did any) were they only consulting app users?

  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 958
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I dislike the "new" design, so every time I login to my Nationwide account, I immediately switch-off the new format to return to the traditional format. I'm hoping, perhaps forlornly, that Nationwide is monitoring the rate of switching back to the old format and might recognise that there is a demand for it from their customers.

  • Notepad_Phil
    Notepad_Phil Posts: 1,737
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    A month or so ago Mrs Notepad did the same and switched off the new format and was surprised to get a small survey to fill in asking why she had turned it off. She can't remember the details asked, but she was able to make clear that she did not like the new look in any way.

    So maybe they're busy coming up with a new 'new look' that will get released at some point and will then just become the look with no option to change back.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.