We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Where in the Nationwide RS terms does it say this? Please could you provide a quote from the Ts&Cs that say that if you close the RS before the end of the term, you cannot open a new RS till the anniversary of your old one being opened? I cannot find anything in the Ts&Cs to that effect, but as ever, I'm more than happy to be corrected if you can provide proof.
4 -
Yes, I've just received the rest of my interest to my nominated account. Hats off to Melton for sorting it so quickly and efficiently.
0 -
Unfortunately, misinformation is a common outcome when someone acts as a meat proxy (a human that copies and pastes from an AI without applying human judgement or critical thinking).
10 -
A summary of changes to the listings on the first page of The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread between 1st September 2026 and 30th September 2026:
A link to this post is included on the first page of The Archived History Of Regular Savers Thread *** NO CHAT*** thread. I have now cleared out the recently NLA regular savers list on the first page of The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread.
Due to limitations in the forum's functionality since the new text editor was rolled out (rather low character limit), I've had to post this update as screenshots, hyperlinks are included in the Regular Saver Thread Monthly Updates spreadsheet though.
The following accounts have been added between 1/9/26 and 30/9/26 (see first page of The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread for details):
The following accounts have been removed between 1/9/26 and 30/9/26:
The following accounts have been and gone between 1/9/26 and 30/9/26:
12 -
The Nationwide RS product T&C are actually quite succinct - easy to see that the actual restriction is just that you can only be named on one at any time:
5 -
Chat GPT
I put my Melton figures into Gemini and it said that the interest I received is correct, also gave me a lecture on the difference between lump sum investing and drip-feeding😀
Chat GPT said that Melton owes me approximately £118. I got £116.17 - not too far off.
2 -
Who is still using ChatGPT…. Claude AI is far superior and wrong results often come from bad prompts.
1 -
I received the account closure funds at around 6pm and the missing interest came in about 1 hour later. I immediately transferred the money to my 5%ers ready for tomorrow's RS distribution. I thought sorting out the issue with miscalculated interest will take longer. If I remember it right, Darlington took ages to sort their overpayment out. Well done Melton👍️
1 -
And then there was a further correction of a few pence about a week later by Darlington. Very impressed with Melton here, including that they allowed closures to proceed rather than freezing everything until the issue was resolved.
0 -
Melton RS maturity - final balance about £4773 including £21.87 first interest payment made on 30/9/26. Further interest payment made for tomorrow 1/10/26 of £105.52 showing in my current account but not as yet on Melton online. So total final interest payment of £127.39. Does that equate with what others are getting? Payment of £4773 was made this evening - would have been better earlier so that I could have transferred it to my 5% EA account today. Still, at least it has arrived for the many RS`s SO`s to go out tomorrow.
I still have the Adcock RS @6.5% which doesn`t have a maturity until 30/9/27.
Maybe of interest that they say today under their RS information.
"we look forward to introducing our new range of savings products very soon."
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





