We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…630631633635636…645

Comments

  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    There are quite a few 5.75% RS with open in branch only. I personally can't bother…

  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I knew. Just mentioning it because OP mention he bank in 4.45% zopa…

    There are few branch only with 5.75%. I personally not bother.

    Then the next one is 5.25% darlington… For the mighty 0.25% difference, I would probably stick it to a 5% easy access.

  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 910 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper

    Melton BS Maturity

    The account matures today (i.e. MBS could say it doesn't mature until 5pm today) so I wasn't expecting to see anything happen at 7am this morning. The maturity instruction form notes payments of maturing funds can take up to 2 working days after the date of maturity. I also received the 'welcome to you new account' email.

    Personally I reckon closing or moving funds out of this "new" account could disrupt the completion of the maturity instructions (given this "new" account is probably a temporary account used to convert the regular saver into an easy access account). So personally I'll give them a couple of days grace to sort it all out.

    Note MBS are also near the top of the MSE and BCWYC tables for 12 month fixed term accounts (non-digital) according to their emails/videos sent out today, so may be dealing with a far higher than usual volume of account applications and opening transacations.

  • Melton

    Id already supplied instructions to withdraw the matured funds to my nominated account.

    This hasn't landed yet - am I only one with this scenario (already supplied not arrived)?

    Same as everyone else in that interest is wrong and they've closed the RS, opened up an EA( with email) and then closed the EA

  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 30,741 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 September at 3:14PM

    Mostly, although some have reported receiving their money already (my closure request at around 9:30am was shown online straight away, but no money received as yet).

    I was keen to get the bulk of the money out ASAP as I'd prefer it not to be earning 1% while they sort out the interest debacle.

  • Hanley Economic 13th payment

    Please let us know the result as I have them marked as No 13th Payment allowed.

  • Born2Save_3
    Born2Save_3 Posts: 308 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 30 September at 3:40PM

    Thanks - good idea. I use a card for deposits and it usually shows fairly quickly.

    This HEBS RS is not an account that only allows only a single deposit per month ?

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,564 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 September at 3:45PM

    I expect this to bounce irrespective of whether they would accept a 13th payment, as it is under £25. I’ve sometimes funded in drips and they would only accept less than £25 once I had already met the minimum £25 per month payment.

    By the terms any fully funded account should not accept a 13th payment.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.