We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Yes, closure seems to work, but withdrawals do not. I was going to keep it open to receive the missing interest, but since I cannot get any money out of it I shall proceed with closing mine.
1 -
No, you have to wait until the next day.
1 -
Natwest
Do you actually need an active Standing Order with the Digital Saver RS ?
I've read the FAQ's and they're somewhat ambiguous (in fact .. almost contradictory).
0 -
Melton RS6
I put all my figures and dates of deposits in ChatGPT and it says that my result is £118 lower than it should be. The first year statement is not available to view, but it looks like they've missed interest payment on 31st March 2025. I can see £27.02 carried over from the first year, which is too little. This year the account received £163.05 on 31 March and £24.74 today. I hope they'll sort it out one way or another.
2 -
It's over 5 years since I started up my Digital Saver but I seem to remember they set up an SO for you. You can leave it sitting there, or you can immediately delete it. You definitely do not need an SO if you don't want one.
1 -
No, never had one.
0 -
Melton. I just braved the phone queues. I was told that they are aware of the miscalculation of interest and are working on it as fast as they can but do not have a time frame as to when they expect it to be resolved.
I had opted for closure and transfer to nominated account but my funds have apparently been transferred to an existing EA account which I held with them as part of the process. They stuck firmly to the line that although the money goes by faster payment, it can take up to 2 working days to arrive.
I just checked my account online again and the balances appear for my accounts but the transactions are missing for all of them. Hope they don't mess anything else up while they are trying to fix the interest problem.
5 -
I had the same thought and decided to close it. Melton will likely send a cheque for the missing interest. That isn't ideal, but it’s better than leaving £5,215 earning a mere 1% indefinitely when there's no telling how long they will take to resolve the issue.
1 -
Is it possible they are using the same software with localised branding and have all fallen foul of a coding error inherent in that software?
2 -
I'd have thought they'd send it to the nominated account. As I recall, one had to be entered on the application form so everyone will have one.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


