We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…621622623624625627»

Comments

  • chris_the_bee
    chris_the_bee Posts: 582 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited Today at 1:39PM

    Melton BS Withdrawals:

    I also had that problem with NatWest. I found that you need to enter your full name including middle name(s).

    In any case, if you are sure you have the correct account details, you can override NatWest's "don't recognise the account number" statement.

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Melton account numbers were reformatted when they moved to the new system, the ones written in the books will no longer pass COP and only the reformatted ones will against name including middle. I got a COP match the other week by putting first and middle in the first name box at NatWest.

  • mon3ysav3r
    mon3ysav3r Posts: 308 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited Today at 1:42PM

    Yes I have the same note I made to myself from a year ago, I needed to put first name space middle name [not last name] e.g. “John Joe” in the firstname field in NatWest online banking for the Melton COP to pass. Good job NatWest don't check for spaces in first names. EDIT - this might have been in their old platform, but I think it was the new platform.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.