We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Chase - mine's been empty since I withdrew the £50 I got for some kind of referral/sign-up bonus. Never intended on using the account again, but thankfully didn't close it otherwise I wouldn't have been able to open a regular saver. So I reckon you don't even need to leave 1p in it…. I guess they might close empty accounts after a set amount of time though.
1 -
Chase regular saver
Just opened Chase for the first time and am seeing the below photo! Hopefully it does not take too long to be able to open the regular saver before who knows if it gets taken off….0 -
Don't even need a £1 for Chase. My balance was zero for a long time. I don't think closing current accounts is a good strategy, unless you can gain something by closing it. I never close mine. If I switch I always make sure I have at least 1 more with the same bank.
0 -
High volume of applications indeed, I can't remember the wait I was quoted but it was nowhere near that and done within an hour.
1 -
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll have a skeg tomorrow, I'm afraid I haven't stopped much since about 5am today.
0 -
Agree, a £0 balance in the Chase current account is sufficient. Mind you, I don't know how long they would tolerate a £0 balance. I have so far not left my Chase current account completely unused for any prolonged period as I have been using it for my monthly minimum payments for my 0% interest 0% fee Chase credit card I use for stoozing. I just transfer my minimum monthly downpayment into the Chase current account, and from there to the Chase credit card. My end-of-day balance for the Chase current account has been £0 since April 2025, and I have been able to open and fund the RS in a couple of minutes today.
0 -
Yes, this was clearly stated in product description when I was applying. It doesn't really matter because you can't fund it or withdraw from it outside Chase anyway. All can be done via their current or savings account.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


