We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Sounds like poor database design - someone's made the NI number a unique value (which means it can only be entered once in the table.The reality is that although it is unique (i.e. one per customer) it is non-unique value as there will be multiple entries for any customer with more than one application. The workaround appears to be to delete it - if they don't change the constraint you will face the same problem with any new application.
1 -
Does anybody know If you have previously closed down your Chase current account they will let you open a new account again? I know they didn't allow this in the past but I was wondering if they have changed this.
0 -
They do say Please keep in mind that currently, you can't come back and bank with us if you leave
There is only one way to find out for certain whether they really mean it 😉
1 -
No. Former customers are still unable to rejoin Chase
0 -
Chase
It’s a no, I phoned earlier, they confirmed currently they would not accept back customers who have closed their accounts previously, regardless of when you left.
Never mind, you win some, you lose some. It is a good sign though that big banks are rolling out decent products.
0 -
Sounds like a rule from the book of Trump!
0 -
I hope you’re right, because that means they might just change their mind tomorrow 😆
9 -
You're very right.
A call to Chase confirmed what everyone has said here. No exceptions. I even offered to visit JP Morgan offices in the city to be verified in person, but no joy and no way of using existing banking relationships or a physical presence of JP Morgan Chase to get in side ways.
I asked about how long the RS would be available for and if there is any criteria, say applications or funds raised, to when the RS would be pulled and told repeatedly 'No information available'. I think the CS is overseas based, possibly in the Philippines.
1 -
Darlington
The CS person I spoke with to do the same for me said that if you apply with an NI number the system recognises but you don't have an active account it'll block the application. The way to avoid this in the future is to keep an account with at least £1 in it (or the minimum allowed balance).
0 -
I seem to recall that Hanley has a max £3600 balance in its terms - mine is currently £3700 (due to the interest payment a couple of months back) and matures on the 21st - I have no plans to try a 13th payment on Thursday… it should mature into an EA account, which if you drop the balance to £1, will pay 0.86%.
while i'm here, @Bridlington1 - I noticed last week that the PDF link for the Hanley Online Smart Saver (TAR10 I think) in the archive thread no longer works.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

