We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…617618620622623…627

Comments

  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 11,972 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Interesting. I wonder why they would then remove my NI number from the account I closed at the end of August, in order to allow me to apply for a new account. Makes no sense at all!

    Make £2026 in 2026
    Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77,  Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
    Total £629.02  31%

    Make £2025 in 2025  Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
    Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10

    Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%
    Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%


  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 11,972 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Scottish Building Society & Hanley Economic

    Are 13th month payments possible does anyone know please?

    Make £2026 in 2026
    Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77,  Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
    Total £629.02  31%

    Make £2025 in 2025  Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
    Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10

    Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%
    Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%


  • Chase RS

    Thanks very much for the heads up on this. While I use Chase regularly, I would've missed that little box. This works really well for me. Opened and funded in seconds, what a refreshing change.

  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,580 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    That's another two Regular Savers for my wife and I. And as we both already had Chase accounts they were open in seconds.

  • Born2Save_3
    Born2Save_3 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Chase RS - no valid passport or photo driving licence

    I'd like to open the RS and some of the other Chase features are appealing. Has anyone been successful without using a valid passport or a photo driving licence ?
    I tried a couple of years ago but got stuck on this matter. I think a valid photo id is a must have and there didn't, at the time, appear to be a manual or otherwise workaround.

    Thanks.

  • jaypers
    jaypers Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    You need valid photo ID so that they can confirm you are who you say you are during the application.

  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I’m not aware of a workaround with any of the app based banks. Though I haven’t seen their options lately as the photocard I used to open my current account is still current.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,376 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    There can be alternatives with the 'trad' banks when it comes to proving identity but it's not true of Chase - needs passport or photo driving licence or EU national ID card.

    I bet that it's been suggested to @Born2Save_3 that life might be easier with a passport or a (provisional) driving licence, even if there's no intention to travel or drive.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.