We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
This!
I'm assuming the RS account would count?
0 -
Darlington
Any previous members struggling to open a new account, I missed a call on Friday, today they've looked at my application, and for some reason they have to remove your NI number from the previous account details before you can open a new account. I'm not sure why they wanted the NI number in the first place, seeing as I don't have an ISA with them. They said they needed my permission to remove the NI number from the old details, and checked it was the correct NI number before removing it. I've now had to apply again and am waiting whilst they review the application again.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0 -
Interesting contrast to the experience of opening a new Chase RS (for a better fixed rate, £50/mth more and unlimited (rather than 2) access.
0 -
Indeed. However I had the performance of having to scan my passport and take a selfie in order to get into my Chase account, it had been so long since I last used it. My OH who had last used his even longer ago got straight in.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
Yes, I was making the rather broad assumption that you already had access to the Chase app.
Was that re-verification required because you had moved to a new device since last use?
0 -
-
The rate may of course change so would need to monitor but could be quite a satisfying feature so I'll set my standing order up as ongoing
0 -
Ah yes, could well be. I had a new phone a few weeks back.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
I installed the Chase app on a new phone, not having used it in a while, and was asked to scan in my passport and take a selfie. All quick and painless compared to some other apps, and I had access within a few minutes.
1 -
Darlington NI number
In the next year or two HMRC is going to require financial institutions to include NI numbers with their interest etc. reporting. Without it apparently HMRC often struggles to match these submissions to taxpayers. I my experience, for years quite a number of institutions have been asking for it for non-Isa accounts.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



