We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Principality
I closed a couple of Principality RSs this morning, expecting nothing to happen until Monday. Surprised to find the money in my bank account by lunchtime. With interest rates almost certainly on the rise, a 5% (or so) fixed rate for a RS isn't worth the bother.
3 -
Principality 6 Month Regular SaverYes, that's the one.
1 -
Nonetheless it seems I can discard or at least archive my green shirt
4 -
I missed the last 5% Principality offered, surprised it hasn’t gone back up from 4.85% yet. I do have three of them with Suffolk, mostly due to excess maturities at present. The one I can’t touch until it matures runs until the end of February while the other two (August and November 2027 online versions) can be closed early.
1 -
SUFFOLK BUILDING SOCIETY
I've just noticed when trying to login, my mobile number has corrupted, the first 5 digits, therefore, I'm unable to access my accounts. Has anyone else got the same issue?
0 -
Working here OK.
1 -
Monmouthshire BS app
Has anyone else come up against the 'slow or no internet access' when applying for the RS issue 8 via the app? I can see the old one that matured on Thursday, but when I attempt to apply for the same RS, it keeps on looping with a 'slow or no internet access' message (which is nonsense, as I've just checked my WiFi and it's working as well as can be expected).
0 -
Chase Bank has launched a new regular saver, paying 6.50% (fixed rate):
Chase Regular Saver:
- Pay in up to £300 per account month
- Maximum investment is £3,600
- The account has a 12 month term
- The interest on this account is paid monthly
- Unlimited withdrawals are permitted
- Available to open via the Chase mobile app
- The account is available to new and existing Chase current account customers
Therefore, if you open the account on the 28th September, and pay in £300, you won't be able to pay in again until 28th October etc.
The account must be funded directly from one of your other Chase accounts. You also won't get a sort code and account number for this account.
You can setup a standing order from your Chase current account to fund the regular saver to help you automate your payments, or manually move the funds into the regular saver from one of your Chase accounts.
Every 1 year (when your account matures), Chase will automatically transfer your Regular Saver balance (including any monthly interest earned over the year) to another Chase account of your choice.
Your regular saver will remain open and you can continue on your savings journey at whatever the Regular Saver rate is at the time. Any scheduled payments you've setup will continue unless you cancel them.
Please follow the link to the Chase Regular Saver and the account is now available to open via their mobile app.
Please call me 'Kazza'.51 -
Well this is annoying, held off from opening a Chase account in case they offered anything worth having and then got this:
2 -
Chase also have a referral programme (£50 each when pay in £1000 within 30 days), I don't know if any of the cashback sites do joining reward. MSE did have a referrals board but I can't find it, has it been pulled?
TOP MONEYSAVING TIP
Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





