We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
All I've had is emails telling me to check my finances, no offers, really pitiful.
1 -
Signed up for the Progressive 7% RS, Harpenden 6% RS, and renewed my Nationwide 6.5% RS. I’d say it has been a successful week.
I can now put my easy access savings all in 5% accounts thanks to Spring too. The rates are certainly better than a few months ago.
1 -
Are you saying you can open more than one Spring account? or is it that your EA savings are below £5K
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0 -
Only one Spring account and impossible to open if you are outside the UK, wether via Uk SIM roaming, UK VPN or having a wifi that uses a UK VPN and you connect to it. Simply impossible, they must have a very good IT department, unlike others.
2 -
I opened a Spring special edition savings account earlier this year using a VPN whilst on holiday in May. Perhaps they have changed things since then, or perhaps it depends on which VPN. I have something in the back of my head someone mentioning this before when trying to open Accelerate account, and I said to try Windscribe (there is a free version as well as paid).
2 -
I was in the UK when I opened my Spring account but have since logged into Spring several times from the far East, often using NordVPN. I don't know whether applying would also be possible using NordVPN.
2 -
They will have lists of IP addresses associated with VPN services that they will be blocking, so you may get lucky with an obscure service or newly acquired IP.
2 -
I know its off thread but in my defence, it's where the discussion already is, so a reminder that it is possible to get multiple 5% CAHOOT sunny day savers by upgrading other accounts
3 -
Windscribe not working, tried that and a bunch of other VPN services, albeit only used "free" versions not paid ones where you may get a residential IP. It did work early Augsut for myself but OH is abroad with work and hasn't opened Spring yet and won't return in time to do so. The method I used to open mine from abroad no longer works.
Anyhow, speaks for a good IT department so something positive and likely less chances they hand out customer data to fake government bodies like others 😆
1 -
Thanks for letting me know, I will try to remember that. Problem is I can't remember if it was free or paid Windscribe I was using back in May, as I changed VPN providers at some point earlier this year. It's a dashed nuisance that your husband can't access or be back in time to apply. Hopefully another good 5% will be along soon. Read about the recent incident with Revolut, absolutely shocking for a bank to do that. Way, way off the remit of this thread now, so apologies and will leave it at that.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
