We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
I can understand the concern. If I can’t get the money tomorrow (being the 1st) it’s costing me money. At least the interest is under though, so they shouldn’t freeze the account and require you to call up for access to the capital as Darlington did.
£3.22 interest, 6 months on £2,500+, nope. I could have done with drawing out part of the interest today, given the RS capacity I don’t have for October, but don’t even want to touch the £3.22 in case it messes something up.
Also this create new account rather than converting is even worse if there continues to be no hiding of closed accounts. Currently Adcock and my closed RS6 are the two accounts on my front page, rather than Adcock and RS5, which are still running. And open a new account means two closed accounts cluttering up the place rather than one.
0 -
Melton
I've tried a faster payment withdrawal from my new easy access account - I just get a popup saying "Error. Payment has failed. Please try again…"
I've also just noticed that the 'transactions' tab for the account (in online banking) lists the transactions only for the last year (maximum) but doesn't show the date of transaction. To see that you have to click on the transaction, but then when you click on another transaction to get the date up for that, the first one is hidden again. Which means it isn't possible to get a screenshot of recent transactions showing dates for each one. Who designs online banking without thinking it sensible to display date of a transaction by default when listing transactions?
The 'statements' tab just says statements aren't currently available to view online…. call customer services.
I guess Melton's phone lines are going to be busy today.
2 -
Bad memories of how long Darlington took to resolve the issue. Who were the other miscalculating BS?
2 -
My three interest miscalcations this year are Melton, Darlington and Cambridge building societies.
Cambridge initially denied it was wrong, when I pushed back and asked them to look again they finally agreed it was wrong, but took them another week to actually pay the missing interest. They claimed I was the only person affected, but I found that hard to believe.
3 -
Some of these societies are quite small, but it stretches credulity that any of them would be adding up interest manually for each customer in such a way that one person could be the victim of a miskeying.
2 -
On the subject of miscalculating BS’s, for anyone who has the:
Loughborough 5 Year Retirement Saver, both mine and my husband’s accounts were due the yearly interest payment last week. I phoned up so I can update my spreadsheet with the amount, however even though our opening cheques were cleared within a couple days of each other and we only had £0.83 difference in our accounts, my interest was £569.18 (which is right) and my husband’s was £446.69 (clearly wrong). It is being looked into and I’m awaiting a callback. I was waiting to post when I had a resolution but I’m going away for a few days and may not be able to update on here, that’s if I here anything this week 🤷🏼♀️. Maybe worthwhile anyone who has this account to phone and request interest payment amount to make sure it’s correct.
Melton RS6, ignored both mine and my husband’s maturing instructions which they should have received mid last week to close and pay into nominated account. Can access my account, interest payment incorrect, but have managed to close the new easy access account they set up. Husband’s account blocked for 24 hours as too many password attempts but guessing it will be the same as mine. Hopefully he can get it sorted by a phonecall this morning before we go away 🤯4 -
Indeed I assumed other were affected, but they either hadn't realised, or had queried and accepted what Cambridge said
0 -
Melton RS I6
I closed the new account at about 6am and have just received the proceeds to my nominated account so at least this was fast. Still light on the missing interest though so I’ve sent a message via the ‘contact us’ page on its website about it.
0 -
MELTON RS 6
Hi - I've checked the "Action required" letter received from Melton concerning maturity instructions (dated 11 September 2026).
At the bottom of the page it says:
"It can take up to two working days for us to process your instructions. All withdrawals and closures to your nominated account can also take up to two working days to show in your nominated account, transfers to Building Societies may take longer. The two working days starts from the day after the fixed end date."
1 -
Nationwide
Is it possible to open a new RS the same day as the old one matures?0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

