We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Melton
Like the rest of you my interest is only £25-19p. I decided to close the account and the money has arrived in my bank account around 2 hr later. Let's wait and see what happens to the missing interest.
I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.1 -
Chase registration - Finally managed to be successful with ID photo and selfie - I tried my driving license photo this time instead of passport photo and it worked! Opened RS and made initial deposit via current account and set up 11 scheduled payments from this account. I then set up a standing order from my main current account to Chase CA for 11 payments but set for a few days earlier than required because of Chase operating 7 days a week and main CA the usual 5 days a week.
0 -
-
Normally, it's the day after maturity.
0 -
Anyone got any experience of paying into newly opened Darlington monthly saver 4. Given my vast number of recent maturities i'm needing a home as low as 5.25% for funds I can then access later in the year when my available funds are less. I've just opened and am trying to pay in. Cop isn't working yet. How late can I leave it for thw deposit to still count as my sept payment and will a test payment of £1 show instantly.
0 -
Re: Darlington - I opened mine on the 21st and as you say, it failed CoP at the time - so made the initial deposit using a debit card… if you can do that today, that's probably the easiest path to ensuring the deposit counts as being this month.
0 -
Darlington
Payments in to Darlington can take a couple of hours or so to show up online. Not sure what time there cut off point is for payments to be classed as today, but if I were you I'd forget about the £1 test payment and go for the full £250.
0 -
Melton RS maturity - posted in maturity instructions for payment of entire balance to my nominated account. This has been actioned and 0 balance online. Just have to wait until later today when the money arrives.
0 -
I’ll give the middle name a go! 👍
1 -
Yes, my opening Debit Card deposit is dated 21st also, so it will go for September but you might lose a few days interest on the £250. I sent some odd change to Darlington the other day and it didn’t show until the next day, but was credited as the day I sent it. Today’s top up payment made at 7am ish is already showing. So their cut off to show same day could be 9am or something in that order.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



