We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Looks like Santander is having issues this morning. Glad I got the few manual payments I make sorted earlier. Couldn't log into Cahoot either.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
Looks like Melton are doing interest corrections one by one as mine remains wrong
0 -
Cahoot was fine for me a few minutes ago - problem fixed?
0 -
Melton BS RS6
Can I please check that my total interest matches up with others?
I paid in £200 per month from September 2024 to August 2026, so 24 payments X £200 = £4800. (I could have made another payment on 1/9/26 but didn't, so my interest will be slightly less than those who made a 25th payment in Sept 2026)
Interest received:-
31/03/25 £27.00
31/03/26 £162.84
30/09/26 £47.57 (showing as credited in the online RS, now closed)
1/10/26 £92.31 (received into nominated account on 1/10/26, but not showing online as instant access account was closed by me on 30/9)
TOTAL INTEREST £329.72
0 -
Ecology RS returned payments -- for what it's worth, there were reports of this happening last month as well (this post onwards):
2 -
Ecology BS RS
My standing order for October (made at the same time around 1am this morning as numerous other SO's) was returned by Ecology to my bank account ("exceeding monthly allowance").
Same thing happened last month.
I have now successfully paid in to Ecology manually.
Could it be that Ecology is working on GMT and not BST? If so, this problem shouldn't happen on 1st November.
4 -
West brom winter ready RS
I've accidentally sent two payments today to the account. One was my final standing order, and another manually sent. There was about a 20-minute difference. Tiredness won.
Looking online, it only shows the standing order. So will the excess £100 be sent back, or will they send the whole £200?
0 -
Chase - again.
I use a standard Chase savings account as a feeder to my RSs elsewhere, largely because I can set up standing orders from the savings account and it all happens automatically. The one RS for which I can't set up regular transfers from a Chase savings account is … the Chase RS!
I'm sure it's because they use standard SO s/w from the savings account, and without a sort code and account number this won't work - but they have a regular transfer facility from the Chase current account, so not impossible for them.
loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.1 -
Any answers on whether your payment to Hanley has bounced back yet🤣?
1 -
Progressive Online Regular Rainy Day Saver Account 4
Is there a max amount for this account, or can I sneak in a 13th payment?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

