We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
@Bridlington1 - Monmouthshire BS Regular Saver (Issue 9) - 5.00% variable, £250pm max; £3k max; Restricted to those living in England, Wales & Scotland…. launches on 2nd October (tomorrow).
I assume that means Issue 8 @ 6.00% will shortly go NLA.
11 -
Monmouthshire RS Issue 8
When my Issue 8 matured recently, I started funding the duplicate and empty account from previous year, which apparently was live the whole time. Subsequently, I was able to open another Issue 8, so I now have 2.
Worth give it a try, you might get lucky 😉3 -
£3,600 max I believe. If you opened it at launch it hardly seems worth it for a few days either way.
1 -
Seems to be.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
Not as yet. Was the first payment out of my account this morning, still there as far as I'm aware.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0 -
Darlington
Sadly all the messing about with the removal of the NI number from my account, and waiting for new approval meant that I wasn't able to open my new account until yesterday afternoon, and although I funded by debit card, it appears to have picked up today's date for my first transaction (or at least that's what Santander is showing).
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0 -
My first mess up of the day - I sent too much to Tipton BS Save and Grow Regular Saver, 250 instead of 200, guess I will have to wait for it to bounce back before sending the correct amount.
I mean it is their fault really for having such a low monthly amount …
1 -
The sending bank always shows a later date, as card transactions never finalise on the day they are made (hence building societies often starting to pay interest a few days later as compared to other types of credits.) My 21st September transaction on Darlington's end is dated 22nd at NatWest. It'll take a bit of time to show in Darlington online banking but I would be very surprised if it wasn't dated 30th when it does.
1 -
Bit of breaking news (unless someone knows already) that the Tipton 'save and grow' account is available again from tomorrow, but only in branch.
Found out during a phone call about something else, thought I'd ask.
3 -
Should have been branch only from the beginning. Then they wouldn't have had the problem of people doubling up with the sccount.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

