📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
But you can only open a Halifax account if you have a working Halifax log in
1 -
Tipton -I finally got a message this afternoon to say the app based Save and Grow I opened on Monday night was live. Worryingly the payment I sent on Tuesday morning has not been attached yet so I've asked them about this.
The message also said I can only have one Save and Grow but it did not specify which version - app or branch. I emailed forms both for myself and my OH for the branch based one on Tuesday - OH does not have the app. After I sent off the forms I tried to download the app for OH and after the OTP comes through I got to the page for opening accounts and no further ….hopefully it will sort itself out eventually next week …
I had to do a password rest for mimecast - the app does need a password so I've not got one noted down.
Halifax - dithering about doing another account refresh as the account only has £500 in it so 2 months worth … I am still using the Halifax website to log in, never had the Halifax app but by the end of October I will have to use the LLoyds website and just lump it.
Zopa - if someone opens a new account now do they get the option to open the regular saver. Zopa have a double referral code offer for £20 at the moment but the person i want to send it to is interested also in the regular saver and she wants to know if new customers can open one now.
“Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”0 -
Tipton
The Tipton branch RS has disappeared.
9 -
That's annoying (although not surprising). I've downloaded the application form but was waiting until tomorrow when I have access to a printer before applying.
1 -
In instances like this I've been able to send the application form off but backdate it to when it was still available.
4 -
Tipton Branch act NLA
I agree with @Bridlington1 , I'd apply anyway. I'd be surprised if they didn't accept it.
0 -
Tipton Save & Grow Regular Saver (Branch)
Annoyingly I'd applied by email, and received a Mimecast message this afternoon saying that they weren't opening the account via an email application, but would happily send me an application form and return envelope. However there was an ominous line about the availability of the account, so of course when I checked it had been pulled from their website.
My plan is to post the original form (which I printed and signed yesterday and sent to them by email) tomorrow, in the hope they'll honour the fact that I did try to apply for it before they closed applications!
1 -
Tipton Save & Grow RS (Branch)
I posted application form today (10th) by second class post with cheque for £200. Form and cheque both dated 9th September. Earliest the letter will reach Tipton will be Monday 14th. I will wait and see if they honour it. Will be annoyed if they don't, as it was posted today before the account was withdrawn but I have no proof of this, only my word.
2 -
I've done the same. I've also sent via email (even though it was rejected last time) and thanked them for posting me the form. Hoping that will serve as some kind of proof that I had requested the form before it went NLA
1 -
Tipton Branch NLA.
They have definitely changed their policy. Before I sent the email application, I spoke to someone who checked with someone else and both said it was fine to email.
I then called again to make sure the email had arrived to them and it was confirmed that it had been received and was awaiting processing. I've not heard anything since so I hope it will be processed but wouldn't be surprised now if I do get the same message when my application gets to the top of the pile.
In the body of the email I used lots of "as discussed" and "as instructed" type language in order to try to mitigate against something like this but I don't know if that will be enough!
Maybe I should just send the original application to them but I'm tempted to wait it out. I don't know!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.4K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



