We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Ecology RS
Lapsed member here who was racing through the application only to come across this at the final stage.
Their systems are now in a taffle in that they recognise that I have a RS so won't let me apply again but don't recognise my login in credentials.
😊
0 -
You must have been unlucky, my application was very quick, very smooth.
0 -
Requires OS18 on Apple, released less than 2 years ago so an unusual stipulation for a building society and the first app I haven’t been able to get on my Mini 6 that I’ve left on 17 for performance reasons and also because it’s almost full. Ready to upgrade to the OLED version when it’s released.
Is COP working on Ecology today or shall I leave the funds where they are until tomorrow?
0 -
COP worked immediately for me.
1 -
Ecology RSAll gone through now… Think they have to manually complete ID verification.
0 -
Ecology RS - despite being an old member from years ago my application has stalled at the end the application - they will be in touch. Hope they don`t want 2 ID documents posted to them like they did 6 years ago!
1 -
Thanks for the heads up, all setup here as a new customer and deposit was instant as most have said.
Their new system looks to accept deposits 24/7 and interest counts from that point, might be worth updating the cut off times list when you get a chance :-)
1 -
Exactly what I did, will see full funding this month due to Monmouthshire but beyond that, not sure due the variable interest rate and access by closure only condition. It’ll be bottom of the 6%ers in priority and possibly below the likes of 5.x allowing withdrawals as I don’t want to end up closing due to it being my first account with them. As with anything, secure the account now and consider funding frequency later. Ecology used to be known for Direct Debits, not competitive rates so I don’t expect this one to be available for long.
1 -
Ecology withdrawals…
Should be as quick as deposits. I've made deposit from the wrong account and it was returned immediately, so I'm guessing the same would be for withdrawals.
1 -
Exactly! Ecology is a very small BS so the target sum is likely to be small too. I doubt this RS will be available for very long.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


