We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Please don't use confusing times like '02.00pm'! The whole point of putting a zero in front of this time is to distinguish it from 14:00 on the 24-hour clock, which was designed to dispense with am and pm.
I'm talking generally, as it's obvious in this case that you mean this afternoon. I've still thanked your post though, as mine was due to mature today.
3 -
@Bridlington1 - Ecology BS Ecology Regular Saver - 6.00% AER variable*; £0-£200 per month, £10 to keep it open, no withdrawals except by closure, £2400 max.
*Moneyfacts currently saying fixed rate, but Ecology's site says it is variable.
the apply button is not currently working, so perhaps not launching until tomorrow… nor does their app seem able to complete the application process - frozen screen after submitting.
as @MaxBlax says, page no longer there - so assuming they're either fixing the application process and/or launching tomorrow.
22 -
@Bridlington1 The hyperlink in your comment produced 404 - Page not found! and is therefore a broken link
0 -
9
-
Don't blame me, it's not even my link. Lots shall be checking it waiting to pounce though.
2 -
I wonder if they could do it, but it's more work, so they only did for payments made in July, in effect giving a one month grace period before insisting on the correct reference being used.
The Teachers BS RSs were available very briefly at the beginning of June so I doubt anyone's account period started at the beginning of July even though it might have been possible to do that (I waited to fund until there was a COP match, so the delay confirmed that it was a term starts from date of first deposit account.) Realistically most customers would have overridden COP or did exactly as I did (I was happy to take a beginning of June maturity having not opened any RS in May.) Maybe some MSErs did the end of June so as to have £500 in within a few days, but July being a grace period would be the same for everyone. Also, if someone made a payment at the end of July (I did, as I was funding 6.4+ from a maturing account and had no more money until I was paid) and used the wrong details, it would've meant they didn’t get the £250 back in time to redeposit it in the same month, leaving them with nowhere to put that £250 assuming they would also have fully funded in August.
0 -
@Bridlington1 No blame stated, just reflecting back an observation, which I trust you found helpful.
0 -
Teachers BS RS
I sent the August deposit with the initial reference (only useful for the first deposit) on Monday, and I still haven't had the funds returned, and that's after me querying whether the payment would or would not be honoured (it wasn't).
0 -
Zopa Regular Saver (on Android)
@adindaspantai On the Spend tab , scroll down the screen and you should see Benefits, click Benefits and the RS shuld be on the subsequent screen.
I hope this helps but if not what version of the app are you using?
4 -
Yes it did. All transactions were made on the Friday
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




