We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
I personally did not see 'smart saver' option to open. It is just primary (access any time) paying 2.95%. Still un able to open regular saver today.
0 -
As far as I can see, Santander doesn't show "pending interest" like some other providers do, so you can't tell whether your money starts earning interest on the day of deposit, you're just reliant on anecdotal evidence from other forum users.
0 -
If they actually paid interest on early deposits then there wouldn't be any point in specifying the 'account month'. In fact, that would make it identical to the standard regular saver available from most providers.
0 -
Getting bogged down in what Zopa call the various bits of their whole proffer.
The Smart Saver (or Smart Saver Hub) is the area given over to Zopa's Saving and Investment products.
The first account (or 'pot') that is usually created there is the Primary that's already been described.
In that area is the 'Your pots' section which should have a '+' beside it to add more pots. When you access that you don't see a Regular Saver pot? Do you see other available 'pots'?
1 -
You have to be a bit careful that the heading on the top left of the Zopa App is Savings. I opened a second 'pot' in the bank account section by mistake and have now titled that one Don't Use as there doesn't appear to be any way to close/remove it and it only earns 2%. I'd been wanting to open a new pot in the savings section.
I've had Zopa for quite a while now, I can't say I like the latest changes they've made to the app.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%1 -
Yes, they are 24x7
Yes, they do support SOs - but I wouldn't use it for this as I have dozens of SOs, and I need to be able to distinguish them by Payee name. Cahoot doesn't allow modifying of the SO name, or overwriting the CoP check. Also, Cahoot might not always be my preferred account for parking my spare cash - in fact, it hasn't been for many months, until this week. So I have my SOs all in my trusted current account, and I just refill from Cahoot or wherever as and when required, mostly for the first of a month.
1 -
In my experience, Santander tolerate breaking their account month, and setting your own, e.g. to 1st of a calendar month for your second and subsequent deposits, even if this means busting the maximum deposit amount in month 1.
Also in my experience, they calculate interest for your daily balance by 8:15pm (ish), so you wouldn't lose out if you get your money in before then.
Can I guarantee it? Of course not, as I don't set the Santander T&Cs. Any deviation from the T&Cs would be your responsibility.3 -
It's not very user friendly. Always takes me about 5 attempts just to get on correct screen or move money etc. Step backwards in my opinion x
0 -
Step backwards from what?
That interface hasn't changed in years.
0 -
It would be great if they had an app, but they don't. I have been using Cahoot on and off for some time, and I mainly use it on my iPhone as the login is less laborious than online. My main transactions are payments to the same payee - my main current account - and it takes me literally seconds to make a new payment to the payee I have set up nearly 3 years ago on my Simple Saver. I wouldn't use Cahoot to set up many payees, or setting up payees on more than one Cahoot account as it's too cumbersome.
It's working absolutely great for me, but if it doesn't for you, just don't use Cahoot 😎0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
