We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Of course it is relevant.
The question was relating to the benefit of holding off opening the 8% RS until the 31st July.
You sound like you are having a bad day. Are you French?
5 -
Halifax/Lloyds
I have never downloaded the apps for either of these, always used the main computer. I've never seen the need to have the app. I've only used them these 2 for regular saver purposes so I check once a month and at the maturity date or if I was doing a renewal. Recently I've just logged into Halifax but I suppose at some point I will loose access to Halifax website and have to go via Lloyds.
Also I am thinking that by mid July 2027 and the maturity date of the Halifax (and BOS) just opened regular savers what will happen to the maturing Halifax regular savers as the name will be gone by then. My 2 LLoyds regular savers I am holding onto until they mature in May 2027 but by then will the choice be just one regular saver with £250 a month ….
In other news
Monmouthshire regular saver 8
Email today regarding maturity on the 28th - it morphs into easy access and you can then open a new Regular saver issue 8 and 6% (unless an issue 9 appears in the next 2 weeks) I think I am going to leave the easy access open with a minimal balance to preserve loyalty
“Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”7 -
Monmouthshire RS I8
Its website states it can be opened in a branch, agency or via the app.
0 -
Re whether to close the existing account in order to open 8% one…
I put all my figures and dates in AI. For my feeder account I had to assume no rate change in the next 12 months. AI calculated that If I dump my current ClubLRS now and open the new one I will gain £16.25. Worth doing, but despite restamonies posted on here that this can work I'm still not sure if I want to risk loosing 6.25%.
I might try it with BoS. Loosing 5.5% for the next 11 months shouldn't make any significant difference for my RS portfolio📒😀
I had no problems with refreshing Halifax, but that is within t&c. Halifax doesn't have 12 months rule for RS.
1 -
regarding Lloyd’s RS, if opened and first £250 deposited today, when can next £250 be deposited? 1 Aug or 15 Aug?
thanks0 -
Lloyds: The limit is per calendar month so you can start funding on the 1st of each month starting with August 2026 to maximise interest earned on the account.
1 -
MonBS
I had the same email today. I already have EA with them so I'll close this new one. I hope they'll still have issue 8 or equivalent on 28th.
0 -
Monmouthshire BS
Just use the app. It's running a lot better now than it did initially.
1 -
Sorry to briefly drift back to these 3 new accounts, but how do you refresh BOS regular saver to be able to open a new 8% one? Or is it not possible?
0 -
It is possible for some, but not for others. Some just get an error message when trying it.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

