We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
This is what I had been trying but it's not visible in the From list [many other accounts are].
I've just tried the BoS app too and similar issue occurs
0 -
BoS
Yes. I closed it via a request in the app's chat function. It was closed by CS in about 30mins and I was then able to open the 8% version the next day.
3 -
BoS
I'm not sure if u have to.....just saying I did.
1 -
Go via chat function then as that worked also for wmb194.
1 -
Scottish BS new online accounts
Thanks for the heads up. Bit poor that SBS seem to be moving away from an alphanumeric type username towards an email-based profile. These are significantly less safe and secure as many customers will use a single email address which, if compromised, gives phone thieves or scammers a greater likelihood of rogue access to customer accounts via direct and indirect attacks. I would suggest everyone should delete the automated email from SBS that states your email is your username, as anyone who gains access to your email account can make use of that information!
In fact per a very strict reading of their new online Terms of Service, should we all be informing SBS every time someone new becomes aware of our email addresses (and therefore, our usernames!)?
If you know or suspect that:
1.any of your login details and memorable information has been disclosed to or is known by a third party; … you must immediately notify us. You can email us at savingsonline@scotbs.co.uk or, if you believe that your email address has been compromised, you can contact us on 0333 207 4007 during business hours.
Indirect attacks via compromised email accounts or stolen phones are a common way a single incident can suddenly turn into financial disaster. See the testimony from the lady below for example:
2 -
BOS Monthly Saver
Yes. It worked for me. BOS 8% Monthly Saver available and funded just after midnight, the day after requesting closure of my previous one. Worth the effort!
Digital Payback
The National Lottery : A tax on those who aren’t good at maths.1 -
I still have separate BoS/Halifax profiles so I opened 4x 8% RS accounts. Left the 6.25% Club Lloyds as it is.
3 -
Re existing BoS monthly saver emptying, I asked via chat yesterday to close and move balance and any small interest to my (BoS) current account. They did that quite fast but as others have mentioned, the monthly saver stayed visible with £0 balance until this morning when it had disappeared and I was able to open the 8% account.
1 -
Halifax App to Lloyds
Has anyone initiated this without invitation? I have Halifax Credit Cards and RS. No Current Accounts with any of them. Guess the question is also will I be able to open Lloyds RS if I move apps without current account too?……probably wishful thinking but wondered whether anyone had tried.
0 -
Joint account?
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



