We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2026 - consolidation and calm

1…6465676970…116

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,385
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    Great loss.
    Happy Sunday.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,831
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Great loss. Wish I could lose 2lb instead of putting on! Really must stick to it this week to try and shift some!

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,467
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    If you're not going to use the old fan do pop it on a local group for a couple of quid just in case there's a PAD in it for you!

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Thank you 😁 It's much easier to put on than lose isn't it! Good luck for this week, although I find it easier in the heat, ice cream does beckon!

    Good idea thank you! However, I think we'll keep it for now.

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    PAD (Payment a Day)

    Today's PAD - £2

    Jan - £172

    Feb - £203

    Mar - £143

    Apr - £67

    May - £93

    Car balance Sept 25 - £11,031 - now £7,624

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Happy Bank holiday!

    It's so warm and sunny here. I've (possibly stupidly) decided to sell at a boot sale this morning. It's an early start and will be over by mid morning before it gets super hot. Hopefully we can clear a bit!

    I defrosted one of our freezers yesterday, I hope to do the other one today or tomorrow. Taking advantage of the heat to speed things up!

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,385
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador
    edited 25 May at 9:50AM

    Definitely easier to put on than lose. I naturally eat less when it’s warm. Apart from as you say ice cream. Yesterday I resisted the ice cream man and had an ice lolly from the freezer instead.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,974
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I eat less when it's warm too, and gravitate towards fruit and veg too. Well done on resisting the ice cream van! I didn't resist at the seaside 😁 Today I've been eating french stick too. Not a great start to the week but enjoyable anyway.

    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.