Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• gems2381
    gems2381 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing again for me today, mum made chicken soup last night so I've got that and some bread. I like not having to spend money on dinner.

2nd Jan-£0
    3rd Jan-£0
    4th Jan-£0
    Trying to sort my life out, and I'm going to get there!
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    I found some soup recipes last night so I will have a go at bringing them next week. I just need to get more organised!
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, ooh, can I join in?!!

I'm usually quite good at this one (work in London, i.e. expensive and am too tight to spend £4 on a jacket potato).

Went back to work yesterday, so:-

Thurs 3rd Jan - £0.00
    Fri 4th Jan - £0.00

I am boring and usually have the same thing every day. Bring in Hobnobs (homemade of course) for elevenses and a pate sarnie and a packet of crisps (out of multipack at home bought out of grocery budget).

Have 2 litres of squash at work every day, but again the squash is out of grocery budget and boss provides tea/coffee.

I have Special K in the cupboard in case I'm starving and I cheekily use boss' milk for that.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    It was a close call! Must get up earlier or be more prepared!

Today its 2 slices of bread, with cheese i already have in the fridge to make a toastie. I also have a chocolate filled frepe, 2 sacsumas, and a cuppa soup (all from the shopping budget). Squash and tea to drink. So hopefully no spending!

Any ideas for next week? Im quite lucky as have microwave and toastie maker at work:)
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • prophecy_grrl
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join this challenge please

Spending on work lunches is a nightmare and always eats well into my budget, so my new years resolution is to stop spening at lunchtime.

I started back to work on 2nd Jan, and spent £4.40 on lunch just to get out of the office and have a treat. I took a pack up yesterday and lunch at home today, so my week one spend is £4.40

Am going for no spend on lunches next week :T I plan to do this by taking soup in a thermos on the days I don't spend in the office, along with fruit, and on office days I will cook JP and beans / tuna etc in the office kitchen.

In relation to the ideas for lunches, I made soup that was lovely that I took to work in a thermos yesterday. Recipe:
    1 red pepper chopped
    1 butternut squash chopped
    1 sweet potato chopped
    Paprika
    1 veggie stock cube

put the red pepper in a saucepan with a little water and cook till soft, add the squash and sweet potato and a shake of paprika, add water till just covered then sprinkle in one veggie stock cube. Boil then simmer for about 30 mins, put it all in the blender and whiz it up - delish!
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • HBFS
    HBFS Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday was lunch out :(

But today will be lunch indoors! :D
    Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Should be £0 today - I've got a potato to bake again (got big ones this week but I usually buy smaller ones and have 2/3 of them as they seem to cook quicker), today with ham and a bit of leftover spinach & ricotta sauce. Got a load of reduced rolls in supermarket last night so have stuck them in the freezer for next week, also got a packet of ryvita for snacks, must remember to bring in something to put on them! The other things I usually end up bringing are leftover pasta or risotto-type things from the night before. Couscous is good too - can either make it up the night before and have it cold or just make it with hot water on the day.

I asked a while back on the Old Style board about ideas for snacks as that seems to be my downfall even when I manage to bring lunch - getting hungry between meals - there were some good ideas on there.. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=447712
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • chrissie55
    Options
    From a reformed bap-buyer: we lunch on a selection from:
    * raw red & white cabbage sliced v thin
    *raw cauliflower
    *apple
    *roast pumpkin seed & cashews (bought in bulk)
    *raw carrot
    *raw mooli (v cheap @ LIDL)
    *raisins
    *cooked beetroot
    *avocado
    *LIDL pickled red cabbage/gherkins
    *raisins
    *any leftover Quorn
    *Glenryk mackerel - most of the salad stuff will keep o/night
    or soup from leftover veg & stock-cubes
  • Jadeytee
    Jadeytee Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I came across these in Morrisons over christmas. There 49p for 6 sachets and come in 4 flavours. I drink them when I get the mid morning, mid afternoon munchies at work. There cheap and suprisinly filling for only 10 calories, they keep me going until lunch or tea time.
    Wins for 2013: Cafetiere (£40), Mangajo Drinks, Alan Partridge goodies
  • jlynncsf
    jlynncsf Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    May I join in,please? I'm a newbie but loving the site, it's been very helpful! I'm usually quite good at this, but could do better! And, since I'm simoultaneously (sp?) saving money and losing weight this year this will be good to keep me on track.

Made a huge pot of ham rib soup on Wed:
    ham ribs (really cheap from my butcher)
    veggie stock
    chopped cabbage, leek, onion, potato, carrot
    red lentils
    simmer for hours, topping up with water occasionally (you can blitz the veggies but I like it chunky.)

The soup did me yesterday and today, with a portion in the freezer (I'm a singleton!) and last night had the ribs - the meat fell off the bone - with mashed potato and creamed cabbage. Yum! So, no spend either yesterday or today - yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure