🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• SkintMonkey
    Options
    Well, I didn't spend anything else after my £3.03 lunch yesterday, so my first day back at work wasn't too bad. Today I brought in sandwiches plus spare bread in case I get peckish - have a jar of marmite in my top drawer for emergencies! I also brought in a lunch box which had some cereal in and ate it at my desk when I got in (I normally miss breakfast) - using works milk!

So I have a banana to have later but have been tempted to go and get a can of fizzy pop from the shop next door, but am trying to resist and will 'enjoy' a glass of squash instead - at least I'll stay warm if I stay at work rather than go out - quite a good way of avoiding going out and spending money!

So today should hopefully be the start of good habits - fingers crossed!
  • gems2381
    gems2381 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Just had my lunch of philly on toast but my friend from work had brought in a mountain of chicken risotto (her husband who is a chef made it) and she kindly offered me some and still ended up throwing loads away!
    We used to have an awesome chippy near my work but fortunately for me we moved, I do miss it though.
    Trying to sort my life out, and I'm going to get there!
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    Keep up the good work people! Some good amounts on there for the 3rd Jan... other than mine that is!

I'll be better tomorrow and next week!
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I work in a school too and we go back on monday. I have been paying £2ish per day for lunches at work until now. Ds will be doing full days for the first time and he's going to have cooked dinners on wednesdays and fridays (won't eat the options on the other days), so I will have to make him a packed lunch 3 days a week so I may as well do mine at the same time ;):D
    I will still be spending about £8 a week on cooked lunches for us both but on those days we can have a sandwich type tea :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,126 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £3361
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    was chattin to a collegue this morning about the special K diet. apparently it involves eating a bowl of cereal for lunch - sounds like a good moneysaving option!
  • SkintMonkey
    Options
    was chattin to a collegue this morning about the special K diet. apparently it involves eating a bowl of cereal for lunch - sounds like a good moneysaving option!

But don't you reckon you would still be hungry later on - risking you buying snack?
  • lindsaygalaxy
    lindsaygalaxy Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so far so good....£0
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Cassie Thanks for letting me join

today was a no spend on lunch(had today off) i'm gonna start from next monday and keep a weekly total (i hope), but they do some very nice grub for £2.50 at work sometimes i don't eat again at night
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    Day 3 for me... I have my lunch with me (from yesterday) so am going to update my total now to 0! There's no way I'll let myself change it from that so will be a no spend lunch for me!
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Ok for me today:

2nd Jan - £2.85
    3rd Jan - £0.00
    4th Jan - £1.15 (I over slept and didn't have time to make anything!!)

I'll be having Jacket pot and beans so my total is - £4.00. Hmmm must try harder next week I think.
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business