Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done you!

See challenges do work I couldn't face admitting I'd failed so brought in my cheese roll....
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join this challenge too? I work in a school and have succumbed to school dinners everyday (with pudding and custard :D) for £2.47 a day. This is really not good and has to stop! It's an inset day today so they are providing lunch and tomorrow I shall have a farewell school dinner but will prepare an extra packed lunch for myself when I send my DS off to school on Monday!
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • gems2381
    gems2381 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge too please. Sometimes I can resist going to Greggs or buying chocolate at work but I'm determined this will stop! Todays lunch is philadelphia on toast, not very exciting but it didn't cost me anything (live with mum n dad!).

2nd Jan-£0
    3rd Jan-£0
    4th Jan-
    Trying to sort my life out, and I'm going to get there!
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    help! I so nearly failed this morning, got up late, and nearly forgot to go to the fridge to get last nights leftover sauce! Didnt have time to cook the pasta that i planned on so grabbed to of the white potatoes that nobody wanted and try make them into jackets in the microwave at work!

Gonna have to plan a bit more tonight i think!

Maybe we should start a lunch menu planner?
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    Wow - it seems like this challenge is really working! I love the way people can't face posting so are putting in the extra effort to bring a home made lunch! :j

Meal planner sounds good... but I'm pretty limited to cold food, toasted food or flask food as we don't have a microwave at work. Boo!!
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • Charaxes
    Options
    Can I sign up to this also, I work out in the middle of nowhere and rely on the numerous sarnie vans that come buy at lunchtime. I am spending £3+ on lunches. I now want to cry to think how much I spent last year on lunch!

Wed 02 - £1.83
    Thur 03 - £1.78
    Fri 04 - £2.60

Total - 6.21

Not a great start, but next week I SHALL be organised!!
    :j2008: New Year, New me!:j

The Good
    £2 savers 2008 - £14
    Piggy Points - 995
    Quidco - £3.8438.91 already paid out)
    Toluna - 16650
    Greenmetropolis - £7.25

The Bad
    Immigration VISA - £0/£750
    Loan from mum - £0/£900
    Loan from Granny - £0/£300

The Ugly
    Asda CC - £484.97
    LTSB Loan - £10378.92 and only 26 more payments to go!
  • wannabe_a_mum
    Options
    i am determined not to succumb to overspending at lunch today!

After yesterday's disaster - £9.24!!

I didn't bring anything in with me from home - just a banana and pack of WW crisps..oh and a bottle of lucozade.

Am determined to spend max £2 on my lunch today!!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yum yum yum yum yum - as I write I'm tucking into a rather delicious (if I say so myself) veggie soup which I made last night and popped in a flask - so much nicer than a crusty old jacket pot. from downstairs and perfect in the snow - and there's enough for tomorrow as well! Not sure I'd have had the inclination to cook up a big cauldron of soup on a wintry Wednesday night if it weren't for this challenge so Hooray for Cassie and Hooray for us all!!!
    (Bit carried away there, it must be the vitamins - sorry)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh can I join in too! I work at a school and we aren't back until Monday. I normally take sandwiches with me, but have to admit I sometimes succumb to the chippy across the road!

A menu planner would be a great idea - sarnies can get boring.

7th jan -
    8th jan -
    9th jan -
    10th jan -
    11th jan -
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • linniestorm
    Options
    We have a chippy across the road at our work, and it's a nightmare!! For the waistline anyway! Usually I spend far less when I go to the chippy than when I go for a sandwich and crisps, which makes it really hard to justify not getting chippy to save money!! Homemade most of the way for me now!
    1st LBM (Pre-Career Change): 01 March 2006 Debt Free Date: 28 April 2008 | Worst Debt: £7244.36

2nd LBM: 10 December 2019 Current Debt £25,322 [April 2020] | Worst Debt: £27,444
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure