🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I need to join in this one , I'm 1 of those people who buy the snacks and dinner

good idea about keeping the cuppa soup type things at work

Are we gonna just count the things we buy at work?
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Zeddy
    Zeddy Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    This sounds like one I can join.

At the supermarket I bought some of their soups that were on offer last week, so today have had green thai chicken, which was gorgeous and much more filling than I thought it would be.

My down fall are chunky kit kats and diet cokes, normally at least one a day at work. Then they lead to the temptation of getting a sandwich made, which are always way too full of mayo, so hopefully this will help my ever expanding waistline too!

Wed 2nd Jan - nil
    Thurs 3rd Jan - nil Managed to resist the chunky kit kat as took in some of Nigella's chocolate gingerbread that I baked, and it is so much tastier - although worse for the waistline no doubt!
    Fri 4th Jan - £3.00, have decided that Friday will be my treat day - had a bacon and brie toasted sandwich and a chunky kit kat. I did make sure that I didn't chose the most expensive sandwich on the menu which I always used to go for last year, so not too bad!
  • gladysrocker
    Options
    I've made a resolution this year to spend less money on food both at the supermarket and at work where I can easily blow a fiver a day at a little nearby coffee shop! Good start today, took a hoummus and rocket sandwich on homemade bread and a pear. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Wed 2nd Jan 0.00
  • linniestorm
    Options
    Zeddy wrote: »
    My down fall are chunky kit kats and diet cokes, normally at least one a day at work. Then they lead to the temptation of getting a sandwich made, which are always way too full of mayo, so hopefully this will help my ever expanding waistline too!

Mayo - thou art my waterloo!!!

I hear what you're saying Zeddy!

I think I'm going to put a yearly tally in my sig. What jm28cardiff said about spending £1900 last year alone really stuck with me. I didn't keep track at all last year of what I spent on lunches but I bet I spent the same or more and that's horrifying! With any luck, having a yearly total staring at me every time I post will shame me into keeping the total down!!!
    1st LBM (Pre-Career Change): 01 March 2006 Debt Free Date: 28 April 2008 | Worst Debt: £7244.36

2nd LBM: 10 December 2019 Current Debt £25,322 [April 2020] | Worst Debt: £27,444
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    Great idea about the annual total - that will certainly demotivate me!
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Woo hoo have brought to work today:

weetabix minis for breakfast
    3 satsumas
    1 apple
    1 nutra grain bar
    1 humoumous + salad sandwich
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

I have lunch and snacks with me today:

Cheese and cucumber roll, yogurt, banana, apple and Aplen bar.

So:

2nd Jan - £2.85
    3rd Jan - £0.00
    4th Jan - ?

:T
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • Cassie123_2
    Options
    I think I might have to buy some crumpets and butter at lunch (although that will do for tomorrow too), but then this weekend I plan to make some soup and bring that to work all next week.

Unfortunately we don't have a microwave, but that's something I can put in a flask.

Any good, CHEAP, recipe ideas from anyone?
    Lightbulb moment Oct 2007
    CC AT August payday [strike]7174.14 [/strike][strike]7012.49[/strike] [strike]6837.97 [/strike]6339.68
  • Beckyneedstosavecash
    Options
    Hello - great idea, please could I join as well??

All ready to start when I get back to work tomorrow!! Made my cheese and salad pitta, in the fridge ready to go!!

14th Jan - £0!!
    15th Jan - £0!! So far so good....
    16th Jan -
    17th Jan -
    18th Jan -
    :wave:
    December 2007:
    Credit Card - [strike]£1513.93[/strike] £1512.13; Nationwide OD1 - [strike]£1491[/strike] £1350.64; Nationwide OD2 – £520; Nationwide 3 - £200; HSBC Grad OD - [strike]£399.33[/strike] £379.33; Car Loan - £7150; Debt to family - £6000
    Total: £17130.61 :eek:
    Current snowball date: Jan 2014 (seems so long away, I need to get this down!!).

*Olympic Challenge member 36* Aiming for bronze £1008 - current £150.42
    *Lunch Log Challenge 2008*
    *PiggyPoints*: 5290
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Well I was nearly lazy today but I didn't want to have to post up that I'd succumbed again, so went to supermarket on the way to work for some potatoes to bake in the microwave, plus brought in some cheese and left over home-made tomato & veg pasta sauce to go with it today. Might splash out on a packet of crisps though!
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family