Lunch Log Challenge 2008

Options

Comments

• SkintMonkey
    Options
    I'm in too - this is one of my spending demons, so will begin tomorrow - slipped up today and spent £3.03 - am going to buy some bread and spread and keep it in the office so if I don't manage to bring in lunch I have a very cheap alternative waiting for me, rather than the shop!
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    Great thread.

Not back at work until tomorrow, so shall update then x
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    I think this one is a downfall for a lot of people - all those little bits that add up! I've been trying really hard over the last few months to bring in all my food but I still get lazy - maybe reporting in will shame me into making more of an effort!

First day back today...

Jan 2nd - £2.11 :o
    Jan 3rd - £0.10
    Jan 4th - £0.10
    Total - £2.31
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • Little_Pickle
    Little_Pickle Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Jan 2nd - £1.05
    Jan 3rd - £1.00
    Jan 4th -
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in! I bet we all lose weight too. My DH made home made soup yesterday using left overs. first time he has ever made it, I was quite worried about trying it, but it was gorgeous and was definitely a portion of veg at least. Even the kids and their friends ate it (it was a big pa).I made home bread to go with it. I will definitely be encouraging him back into the kitchen!

I listed all the items in my cupboard/ fridge and freezer yesterday, and was surprised how much stuff we have. It certainly gives you ideas for home cooking. Why have sarnies when you can have pasta or rice salad, or home made soup. Lets make every one jealous in the workplace, save cash, and lose pounds!!!

Spends for coming week - Zero.
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • MissEyre
    MissEyre Posts: 650 Forumite
    Options
    What a great idea! Count me in - back at work next Monday, so will update my post from then x
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Count me in too. I was horrified last year at the amount I spend on lunches between myself and 2 kids. Going to try and be mega organised and take packed lunches every day and also give kiddie sthem too. I think they prefer them to be honest. I can easily spend £50 per week on this and it stops now. x
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Maxjessdru
    Maxjessdru Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in as well! Since I'm now working part-time I really need to cut down on daily spending on "bits" - problem is I am on the same floor as the canteen so seem to be doing breakfast, lunch and snacks! Not a good start today, porridge, coffee, JP with tuna and sweetcorn. Will try to do better tomorrow.

2 Jan - £3.05
    3 Jan - £2.05 - still had porridge and coffee but brought in filling for JP so slightly cheaper!
    4 Jan - £2.09 - someone annoyed me so I bought cake!

total week one - £7.19 - MUST TRY HARDER!
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    I'll have a go at this too!
    I generally tend to take lunch to work as we don't have a canteen and I'm normally too lazy to walk/drive to the shops.
    My big downfall is Diet Coke out of the vending machine - at least 2 cans a day. I'm going to try to limit myself to 2 cans - £1 total - and keep to a spend of just £5 a week instead - any less in the first instance won't work as I'll rebel and go mad spending left right and centre!

So ...

2nd Jan - £1
    3rd Jan - £1 (diet coke again!)
    4th Jan -
  • emzig123
    emzig123 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    I'm definitely in for this, I waste so much money on this much to my OH and dad's distress! Today I'm not at work so I have had some cheese and onion tartlets.

Jan 2: Nothing
    Jan 3: Nothing!
    Jan 4: £4.50, went to the pub for lunch, first week in a new job so wanted to get to know people. Will be rare though.

This weeks spend £4.50
    Official DFW Nerd No 275
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family