BT Abolish Caller Display Charge

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    BT Privacy is still available and you can order it by logging in to your account on BT.com.

I found out today that caller display had not been enabled on my line after plugging in a caller ID device.

On "Your Account" select "Calling features" and you can order it from there.

Turns out I had ordered it but just needed to turn on the caller display option.
  • Photo_Stylus
    Options
    Took almost 12 months to post this???? lol

Previous post 12th December 2008 ????

lol
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Took almost 12 months to post this???? lol

Previous post 12th December 2008 ????

lol

Whats wrong with Dave reminding people. Some people still pay for caller display when they dont need to.
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Options
    BT Abolish Caller Display Charge
    Not quite true. In fact not true at all.

If you meet their requirements and jump through all necessary hoops BT may not charge you.

That's nowhere near "abolish" or "free".

Worth repeating for new visitors.
  • heather8
    heather8 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a discussion with BT.

If you don't make 6 phone calls with BT per quarter then you have to pay 7.50 for caller ID.

I changed call provider and on checking my BT bills I have paid it for years with realising. BT won't remove the back charges, but they have now removed it off my line, so I shouldn't incur any more charges.

If you change supplier for your calls, make sure you tell BT you don't want caller ID display.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2009 at 5:52PM
    Options
    24 Oct-23 Jan Charges for BT Privacy At Home 1 0.00 0.00 Total £0.00

I received my online bill today and Privacy at Home was on the bill, I thought I had cancelled it ages again as I don't use BT for my calls, but I have not been charged for not making any chargeable calls.

Just checked my setting and I do not have Caller Display ticked, so that's probably why I have not been charged.
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi, I have sent you a PM and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure