We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Teetering on the brink

1…194195196197198200»

Comments

  • EatingBeans
    EatingBeans Posts: 837 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    First day back at work. Two hours ended up being about 3.5hours, followed by Morrisons turning up with a big shop that I had to put away on my own because dd2 was at college. Honestly, I was so exhausted from work it took me over an hour to put it away. 😬 Then to top it off I had to go and pick up my mobility scooter.

    Funnily enough the FatigueSense app is pretty much screaming at me to stop and it is totally correct to do so. My body is also screaming at me to lie down!

    It’s funny how when I suggested to work that I do just a couple of hours I thought it almost sounds like a silly number to ask for but today has proved that it really isn’t. As it happens the guy I most closely work with seems very understanding as it turns out his brother has had ME for over 20years. Unfortunately he also says he can only meet me for our regular one-to-one on a Friday so just how accommodating he will be of my Reasonable Adjustments is actually yet to be seen!

    The mobility scooter cheered me up no end. It is perfect for what I wanted and seems to all work ok which is a relief. I parked it in the living room to let the dogs have a good sniff. It has come from a house that also had two labradors so as you can imagine they were very interested in it! Once they had finished and wandered off, I decided to feed them their dinner near it and then just drive it very slowly back and forward beside them while they ate. Big Dog didn’t bat an eyelid and scoffed his food then came over to me clearly hoping to get head scratches and possibly join me for the ride! 🤦‍♀️ Little Dog jumped a bit when it first moved (I think she thought I was going to run her over bless her😬), but soon decided that all was well and munched her kibble as usual. I couldn’t really ask for more tbh. A few more meal time desensitisation sessions and I will progress to starting to teach Big Dog to walk beside it. I can’t wait to get them out and about again but I equally don’t want to get into any bad habits and either end up with them hating it, or worse, them thinking the can pull me while I am on it! 🤣


    End of
    Sep-25
    Oct-25
    Brother 7,800.00 7,650.00
    Overdraft owed 0.00 0.00
    MBNA CC 11,481.53 11,504.06
    Barclaycard CC 9,662.17 9,558.10
    Fluid CC 1,046.44 1,036.29
    NatWest CC 11,705.36 11,693.03
    Aqua 1,127.94 1,107.94

    Total debt

    42,823.44

    42,549.42
    Paid off in the month 211.33 274.02

    Interested in my diary? Check out...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580468/teetering-on-the-brink/p1
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.