We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Teetering on the brink

1…196197198199200202»

Comments

  • Heatherweed
    Heatherweed Posts: 35 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts

    People shouldn't make judgements without knowing the facts. Years ago I was judged sending my eldest to uni and letting him get on with no parental money.

    His brother was dying of cancer we were struggling to survive.

    He went to Cambridge survived got a good degree and said it was the making of him managing on little money. Now runs his own company.

    I think your doing what you believe in and that's what matters. Your girls sound lovely caring people xx

  • EatingBeans
    EatingBeans Posts: 847 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Sorry I missed you post. I repeatedly suggested dd2 register as a young carer but she was having none of it. Now it is not an option as she is over 18.


    End of
    Sep-25
    Oct-25
    Brother 7,800.00 7,650.00
    Overdraft owed 0.00 0.00
    MBNA CC 11,481.53 11,504.06
    Barclaycard CC 9,662.17 9,558.10
    Fluid CC 1,046.44 1,036.29
    NatWest CC 11,705.36 11,693.03
    Aqua 1,127.94 1,107.94

    Total debt

    42,823.44

    42,549.42
    Paid off in the month 211.33 274.02

    Interested in my diary? Check out...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580468/teetering-on-the-brink/p1
  • ellenvan
    ellenvan Posts: 532 Forumite
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks for sharing all that info. I can see you have really thought things through.

    Its great that your daughters will have those life skills, re cooking , shopping, budgeting.

    Personally I think school should include mortgage rates, budgeting, interest on cards etc. , but I know they don't.

    Some kids then have to learn the hard way when managing for themselves.

    Hope you can make things work out the way you want.

  • EatingBeans
    EatingBeans Posts: 847 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Thanks @ellenvan I know it is not the conventional way to do things but that doesn’t mean I don’t care or consider the impact on dd2, quite the opposite.

    Sadly, as expected, I have just received my PIP letter denying my claim. I got awarded 4 points on one section and 6 points on the other (needing at least 8), but considering I didn’t even complete the form and provided zero evidence, I think that is pretty good. Hopefully the CAB will help me put together something that I can send for mandatory reconsideration and I can dig out enough evidence to actually get an award next time. 🤞


    End of
    Sep-25
    Oct-25
    Brother 7,800.00 7,650.00
    Overdraft owed 0.00 0.00
    MBNA CC 11,481.53 11,504.06
    Barclaycard CC 9,662.17 9,558.10
    Fluid CC 1,046.44 1,036.29
    NatWest CC 11,705.36 11,693.03
    Aqua 1,127.94 1,107.94

    Total debt

    42,823.44

    42,549.42
    Paid off in the month 211.33 274.02

    Interested in my diary? Check out...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580468/teetering-on-the-brink/p1
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 3,356 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited Today at 12:49PM

    I would have thought the incomplete form and lack of evidence would be your grounds for sending either a completely new form or it would be put forward for reconsideration of the first one. Maybe that would be better as it would keep the earlier claim date?

    Considering its potentially money in your pocket are you keeping it top of your list for energy requirements and try to get it sent off soon? It shows how close you are to being awarded it if they have all the information they need

    22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.