We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Teetering on the brink

1…191192194196197…200

Comments

  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I am sorry to read this and actually disgustrd at how your gp has treates you, i would be asking for a 2nd opinion and an official complaint, if you have the energy. 😓

    I hate a&e sometimes been there too much with dd but is that another option of getting someone to take you seriously.

    I hope you have an enjoyable day with the dogs.

    Would it be worth printing a snippet of these pqges out to show dr to remind yourself what basic life is about to help?

    Debt 13-1-25 - £39K!!!
    Mortgage 13-1-25 - £63K

    Mt DFW Diary: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580353/at-an-all-time-low#latest
  • ellenvan
    ellenvan Posts: 527 Forumite
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Sounds like you have a good plan.

    Rest, no stress, fresh air in a field with the dogs sounds good.

    Take care and update us when you feel able.

    Good luck with work.

  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,687 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    That sounds like a great activity for the dogs, and good for you thinking of it and getting out of the house.

    I'm with @Baldybear - could you print out something - probably most of your post number 815 - to show the doctor?

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 3,681 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Sweeping floors is quite a strain on ones back, sides, arms.

    I am missing being a (fanatical) park-runner (over 300 events), and at the moment can't even consider park-walking.

    A local park has a securely fenced area for dogs to be off lead. Regulars are very respectful and don't enter if there's another dog already in there. The only grumble is there's no bench, although there's a tree stump that's just about ok to perch on for a short while.

    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • EatingBeans
    EatingBeans Posts: 837 Forumite
    500 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Ah bless you @satchmo1 I do hope you get back to your running soon. I used to love running but it gave me achilles tendinopathy and had to give it up before I even knew about Parkrun. I used to volunteer to be a barcode scanner though. Always a great bunch of people doing it too so I can understand missing it. Hope you manage to get back to it soon!

    I’d love to agree that I probably worked harder than I thought during the sweeping but I know I would be lying. We only have a short galley kitchen and a two metre square patches of bare laminate that actually need sweeping, and with the broom I have I can literally sweep it just holding the brush between thumb and forefinger and pushing! 🤣 Mopping would be different because it requires actual pressure to do it properly but sweeping on our little patch is really just a matter of walking back and forward a bit. 😬

    The off lead dog patch at your local park sounds wonderful! Absolutely no chance of something like that around here. Despite living in a town that was surrounded by countryside when I first moved here 20years ago, they have now built on so many of the local green spaces they even had to cancel the annual bonfire last year because they couldn’t find a single field left to have it on! Lack of local dog walking areas is my single biggest reason for wanting to move. It never used to be the case but now it is awful. Even the field I rented today is outside of the borough that I live in. Absolute madness. 🙁


    End of
    Sep-25
    Oct-25
    Brother 7,800.00 7,650.00
    Overdraft owed 0.00 0.00
    MBNA CC 11,481.53 11,504.06
    Barclaycard CC 9,662.17 9,558.10
    Fluid CC 1,046.44 1,036.29
    NatWest CC 11,705.36 11,693.03
    Aqua 1,127.94 1,107.94

    Total debt

    42,823.44

    42,549.42
    Paid off in the month 211.33 274.02

    Interested in my diary? Check out...
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6580468/teetering-on-the-brink/p1
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.