We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Money Moral Dilemma: Should I help pay my boyfriend's travel costs if we move further from his work?

Options
MSE_Kelvin
MSE_Kelvin Posts: 349 MSE Staff
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
This week's MoneySaver who wants advice asks...

I'm looking to buy or rent a house 15 miles nearer to where I work so I spend less time and money on commuting. But my boyfriend, who wants to move in with me as the contract on the flat he rents is ending, says he'll end up spending more time and money commuting as he'll be further from his work. He wants me to either move only half the distance or contribute towards his increased travel costs. Is that fair?

Unfortunately the MSE team can't answer Money Moral Dilemma questions as contributions are emailed in or suggested in person. They are intended to be a point of debate and discussed at face value. Remember that behind each dilemma there is a real person so, as the forum rules say, please keep it kind and keep it clean.

B) If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
:/ Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Suggest an MMD.
:# View past Money Moral Dilemmas.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family