First Direct £175 switch offer. 26/03/24

Options

Comments

• PoGee
    PoGee Posts: 588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is this account app based only or can you access it using online banking using a laptop?
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    PoGee said:
    Is this account app based only or can you access it using online banking using a laptop?

Full internet browser access and/or app. For logging in to internet browser though it asks you to generate a login code from your app.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • PoGee
    PoGee Posts: 588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    PoGee said:

Full internet browser access and/or app. For logging in to internet browser though it asks you to generate a login code from your app.
    Do you download the app onto your phone (when generating the login code from the app)?
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    PoGee said:
    PoGee said:

Do you download the app onto your phone (when generating the login code from the app)?

The app needs to be on your phone and registered - but you don't need to log into the app itself each time you generate a code to log into a browser. Instead of hitting 'login' you hit 'generate security code'.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • jadex
    jadex Posts: 760 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JAV39 said:
    Im wondering if too late for hubby to do a switcheroo? like you say, you actually sign up and have to wait for cards ect to come first which will take a week before you can even start to do the switch! Ive set mine all up altho the switch hasnt even started yet altho there is actually a note on my account that switch requested on 16th 
    completed it earlier today and there was no need to wait for card, etc. - straight after getting acceptance message there was a question if I would like to register now for online access and after registering I was able to log in and get my new account details and initiate a switch;

anyway, terms say: open a first direct 1st Account on or after the 26 March and before the
    Offer closes on the 22 April or is withdrawn
    ; so as long as you open your account by Monday you will be OK
  • Tippitoo
    Tippitoo Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Be aware that First Direct may need reminding to credit you your £175!

My wife and I opened a new FD joint account in November last year within the terms of their £175 offer.
    We did everything required to meet the conditions but realised this week, nearly 5 months later, that we had not received the £175.
    I chased it up on their online 'Chat' and they agreed that, yes, we were owed it.
    I now await its arrival in the account!  :)
  • monkeyman613
    monkeyman613 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have tried to open the first direct account on the app, but it tells me 'we'll be in touch soon, we still need to do more checks before we can open your account...'

Has anyone else experiences this? how long do you think this will take  :#
  • Marcoos
    Marcoos Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Switch completed today. Donor account closed off.

Transfered in the £1k, will leave it there for 24 hours, then play the waiting game for the £175
  • sshnuke
    sshnuke Posts: 149 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if the FD switching offer only comes around once a year please?  I'm not sure I have enough time to set up a burner account* with 2x DD's or SO's by Monday.

*Internet banking deets via snail mail. 

I'm also thinking of getting an additional current account -  Starling. (No switch). Does it matter if I apply for Starling before or after FD? For example if I apply for Starling first will it count against me when FD do a credit check and see i've recently applied for another current account?

Any help appreciated. 
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • curlyphil
    curlyphil Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just went through the automated chat bot on the app to ask when to expect the £175 bonus and it says ‘1st Accounts opened on or after 27th January 2024 won’t be eligible’.

Has anyone else come across this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport