🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

First Direct £175 switch offer. 26/03/24

Options

Comments

• monkeyman613
    monkeyman613 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Can I use chase 'burner' accounts with direct debit/standing order to other chase account?

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,619 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I use chase 'burner' accounts with direct debit/standing order to other chase account?

No, the direct debits must be transferred with the switch for this one.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As much as it's unlikely - it would be good to hear from anyone that did have a HSBC account after their 2018 cut off date that does get the bonus....
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • manic37
    manic37 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you need a debit card from bank you're switching from to First Direct?
  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Just a quick reminder that this offer is ending next Monday.  :'(
  • Marcoos
    Marcoos Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My switch should hopefully complete today, started on the 3rd. My two SO's already gone over, balance transfered today. Just waiting for the donor account to be closed off. Will then move £1000 in.
  • monkeyman613
    monkeyman613 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Does it count as a standing order if I schedule payments from my 'donor' chase account to other bank accounts I have with different banks?
  • JAV39
    JAV39 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    i did mine through TCB said £36.50 i think, i got paid today from them £45 although first thing this am it said paid £60 was to slow to cash out lol
  • JAV39
    JAV39 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Im wondering if too late for hubby to do a switcheroo? like you say, you actually sign up and have to wait for cards ect to come first which will take a week before you can even start to do the switch! Ive set mine all up altho the switch hasnt even started yet altho there is actually a note on my account that switch requested on 16th 
  • Marcoos
    Marcoos Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JAV39 said:
    Im wondering if too late for hubby to do a switcheroo? like you say, you actually sign up and have to wait for cards ect to come first which will take a week before you can even start to do the switch! Ive set mine all up altho the switch hasnt even started yet altho there is actually a note on my account that switch requested on 16th 
    Should be able to still sign up, from what I recall from mine, the account was pretty much in the app straight away, and got confirmation email the next day. But once the account is on the app, you can start the switch. You won't see or hear much at first, but once requested check with online chat to confirm the request has started.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure