First Direct £175 switch offer. 26/03/24

Options
First Direct are offering £175 on switches to new accounts opened between 26 March and before the offer closes on April 22 or is withdrawn. Criteria: 

Go through a full CASS switch process to transfer their everyday banking, including switching at least two direct debit or standing orders within 30 days of opening the account (this must be from a provider that participates in CASS).

Deposit a minimum of £1,000 into their account within 30 days of the account opening. 

Registering and logging onto digital banking, within 30 days of the account opening. 

Be a new customer of first direct, who has not previously held a first direct product or opened a HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2018. 

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,539 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    £36.75 TopCashback too.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    First Direct are offering £175 on switches to new accounts opened between 26 March and before the offer closes on April 22 or is withdrawn. Criteria: 

Go through a full CASS switch process to transfer their everyday banking, including switching at least two direct debit or standing orders within 30 days of opening the account (this must be from a provider that participates in CASS).

Deposit a minimum of £1,000 into their account within 30 days of the account opening. 

Registering and logging onto digital banking, within 30 days of the account opening. 

Be a new customer of first direct, who has not previously held a first direct product or opened a HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2018. 

Where are you seeing the details of this promo? Can't see it on the MSE bank account page or the website direct?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A google search says GB News is reporting this.
  • cymruchris
    Options
    lr1277 said:
    A google search says GB News is reporting this.
    A highly trusted source then  :smiley:
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also being reported on other sites, though not yet on mainstream sites (GB News isn't what I'd call mainstream!).

E.g. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/first-direct-says-itll-pay-28886082 
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 26 March at 9:12AM
    Options
  • danco
    danco Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They say the offer does not apply to those who opened an HSBC account after 1 Jan 2018. Does that kind of condition usually get applied? I know that the RBS/NatWest/Ulster offer said you could only apply to one but in practice people got all three. I have never had a First Direct account but opened an HSBC Advance account last November, and it is still open for its final bonus.
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Of course I opened my very first account with the HSBC/First Direct group last week.  Chalking this one up as an L. 
  • cymruchris
    Options
    That's interesting - their longstanding previous switch excluded those who had opened a HSBC account before 2020 - the qualifying date appears to have gone backwards to 2018 rather than forwards with the new promotion. I had opened a HSBC account just after the last offer's cut-off - so had been hoping that with the new offer coming in 2024, they'd move the qualifying date forwards with it - but for whatever reason they've decided to go backwards instead :) 
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's interesting - their longstanding previous switch excluded those who had opened a HSBC account before 2020 - the qualifying date appears to have gone backwards to 2018 rather than forwards with the new promotion. I had opened a HSBC account just after the last offer's cut-off - so had been hoping that with the new offer coming in 2024, they'd move the qualifying date forwards with it - but for whatever reason they've decided to go backwards instead :) 
    HSBC did the same, I have an FD account so wouldn't qualify at the moment but if they do move forward again I might in the future
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback