Santander £185 Switch Offer: 18/03/24

Options

Comments

• danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clivep said:
    Just received 2 x £25 cashback from TopCashBack for opening new Everyday a/cs in March.
    Now for a wait to see if we get the switching rewards... Not overly optimistic as we did get about £1,500 in Amazon vouchers when they did that promotion in 2019.
    antuk said:
    I wasnt opening two for myself, one was for me, one for a partner, but I assumed TCB wouldnt track both so opened one using Quidco - but based on clivep's post it looks like TCB will track multiple on the same account

Sounds like this was one account for clivep and one for his partner which is why TC would pay 2 x £25.

I can't imagine TC would pay twice if both accounts were in the same name, otherwise you could open multiple accounts and get £25 for each one. All would probably track but only one would be payable, the others declined. 
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    To clarify, like antuk, one of the accounts was for my partner.

• antuk
    antuk Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    clivep said:

Yeah thats fine, I assumed that was the case - It was the TCB I wasnt expecting to track two separate accounts, but noted for future :)
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    antuk said:
    clivep said:

Yeah thats fine, I assumed that was the case - It was the TCB I wasnt expecting to track two separate accounts, but noted for future :)
    I have opened two accounts through TCB. One was before the switch offer but the requirement to go into branch to switch meant it was edgier to just open a new one.

So far both have tracked, only one had become payable.
  • billyboy
    billyboy Posts: 76 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap  4 Top Cashback payments of £25 2 for me and 2 for my wife. Not expecting the switch bonus though but you never know.
    Cheers!!!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cashback received from TCB.  However nothing from Quidco yet for my partner.
  • A_Aardvarkie
    A_Aardvarkie Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the t&c it says set up 2 direct debits. Does anyone know if that includes those in the switch from the old account or if it needs to be new direct debits ?

• GreenScepter
    GreenScepter Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    In the t&c it says set up 2 direct debits. Does anyone know if that includes those in the switch from the old account or if it needs to be new direct debits ?

I believe it can be either. The terms say that within 60 days you need to:

"Have at least two active Direct Debits in place on your Santander account. These Direct Debits must be active at the point we assess your eligibility. (This doesn’t include any Direct Debits set up to fund a savings account you have with Santander, cahoot or Cater Allen.)"

So having them as part of the switch or setting them up afterwards should be fine.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,551 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 May at 1:00PM
    Options

I believe it can be either. The terms say that within 60 days you need to:

"Have at least two active Direct Debits in place on your Santander account. These Direct Debits must be active at the point we assess your eligibility. (This doesn’t include any Direct Debits set up to fund a savings account you have with Santander, cahoot or Cater Allen.)"

So having them as part of the switch or setting them up afterwards should be fine.
    In either case, the critical detail is that they must both be "active" at exactly 60 days from switch instruction*; implying that if you'd transferred over then cancelled them that wouldn't count.

* thanks @danny13579 beneath!
  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    WillPS said:
    In either case, the critical detail is that they must both be "active" at exactly 60 days from completion of the switch; implying that if you'd transferred over then cancelled them that wouldn't count.
    after the switch has been instructed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure