Hating the look of the Nationwide Banking app

Options

Comments

• steven141
    steven141 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I don’t mind it and I prefer the new branding to the old but I agree that the balances are too big and they should be made smaller or have the option of being able to adjust them. 
  • harpo1
    harpo1 Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a couple of banking apps -  so I will wait with bated breath to see what Santander are doing - it hasn't reached me yet.- I am probably in the older demographic, but because the text per transaction is so big it means the date & balance font size have to be reduced. And what I need - what is my balance today. Thats the important thing to me.
    Why can't the screen be customisable ?
  • Lightning360
    Lightning360 Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    harpo1 said:
    I have a couple of banking apps -  so I will wait with bated breath to see what Santander are doing - it hasn't reached me yet.- I am probably in the older demographic, but because the text per transaction is so big it means the date & balance font size have to be reduced. And what I need - what is my balance today. Thats the important thing to me.
    Why can't the screen be customisable ?
    The Santander update isn't due for a few weeks at least, but they are testing it in the Santander Pilot app which you can download.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Things should be customisable I agree, people clearly don't like the new look app judging by Twitter/X.

As for Santander I wish they would stop sending emails about getting ready for it etc.

I've got the Pilot app, stupid amount of space taken up showing my current account details with card details underneath too. Like why do I need a separate box showing debit card details, don't know of any other banking app that does this.
  • Lightning360
    Options
    Things should be customisable I agree, people clearly don't like the new look app judging by Twitter/X.

As for Santander I wish they would stop sending emails about getting ready for it etc.

I've got the Pilot app, stupid amount of space taken up showing my current account details with card details underneath too. Like why do I need a separate box showing debit card details, don't know of any other banking app that does this.
    People complaining on X will be a tiny number of people and again, people who are happy with it don't tend to randomly message to say they are happy with it.

I personally haven't had a single email from Santander about it and I like having the option to go directly to my debit card from the homescreen. Makes things just a bit easier/quicker.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options

People complaining on X will be a tiny number of people and again, people who are happy with it don't tend to randomly message to say they are happy with it.

I personally haven't had a single email from Santander about it and I like having the option to go directly to my debit card from the homescreen. Makes things just a bit easier/quicker.
    I've had several emails, I'm like just hurry up and launch or just stop.

Just opened Pilot the app says launching in a few weeks, app due to stop working at which point delete.

What's a bit confusing is Pilot isn't the only testing app by Santander in the Google Play store. One App or something too, seems identical though.

I don't mind accessing the card details from home screen just don't understand why a separate big box is needed compared to a small icon or something in the area already taken up by the current account box, surely it's more logical to have things in the same box?, I'm pretty sure when I 1st saw the separate box it took a second to realise the 1st and 2nd box are connected..

Thankfully not got many accounts with Santander so scrolling isn't a major issue but is a bug bare of mine, wether it's an app or websites, yeah let's all make things huge, loads of ads etc, just slows things down to be honest. *SIGH*
  • Lightning360
    Options

I've had several emails, I'm like just hurry up and launch or just stop.

Just opened Pilot the app says launching in a few weeks, app due to stop working at which point delete.

What's a bit confusing is Pilot isn't the only testing app by Santander in the Google Play store. One App or something too, seems identical though.

I don't mind accessing the card details from home screen just don't understand why a separate big box is needed compared to a small icon or something in the area already taken up by the current account box, surely it's more logical to have things in the same box?, I'm pretty sure when I 1st saw the separate box it took a second to realise the 1st and 2nd box are connected..

Thankfully not got many accounts with Santander so scrolling isn't a major issue but is a bug bare of mine, wether it's an app or websites, yeah let's all make things huge, loads of ads etc, just slows things down to be honest. *SIGH*
    One App is an older version of it which they've stopped updating. You were only meant to download that one if you were invited (despite anyone being able to download it).
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    People complaining about change and water is wet.

I don't mind the Nationwide app. As someone quite involved in Graphic Design, I had been cringing at the old-fashioned design Nationwide had been sporting for way too long.

On my phone, Nationwide displays ~3 product account on the home page, which I think isn't too bad - I expect some overpaid UX developer has found this to be suitable for the majority of customers.

Let's not forget people lost their minds over the refresh of the MSE forum - I can't say I remember a single thing about the old one I wish back.

It always happens (unfortunately). People foaming at the mouth over this on X/Twitter will move on to complain about something else in a week or two.
    The company logos in transactions list seems to have gone.
    They still display for me?
    Know what you don't
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's interesting that the text appears to be the same size on both an ipad and iphone 5 (remember them?)

which would indicate the size is hard-coded pixels rather than scaling with screen size and user accessibility setting.  It may be that they are using a platform where both apps are created from a single codebase, with loss of some native features like dynamic fonts.  On iOS the version jumps from 42 to 44.3 which also hints at difficulties implementing the new features

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback