Hating the look of the Nationwide Banking app

Options
Just got the new app. Hate it!!
The text is soo big . Just checked - you can read it from more than 2 metres away!!. No more checking the account in a  public place. So big that I have to scroll through 2 screens to check my accounts.
Worse of all the actual page the balance and the date are half the size of the transaction information.
Terrible

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree. I used to be able to check the balances of my accounts with a single glance, now takes a couple of swipes.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't mind the new look that much tbh other than the overview page where I now have to scroll to see all my accounts.

The app doesn't really seem any different other than that tbh.

The company logos in transactions list seems to have gone.

The whole ditching of card reader thing seemed good but to do that you need a card reader & guess what?, I moved home and don't have one anymore.

It seems various banks think big is best with things with news banners or showing account details.

Santander are launching their new app soon too, that seems things are going to be big/take up more space than needed too.
  • Lightning360
    Lightning360 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No app will please everyone. I personally don't like things too cluttered so I'm liking the new Santander app and the home screen of the new Nationwide app. Less sold on the transaction screen, but overall, the update is hardly that massive and isn't much of a change.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Nationwide do.aim themselves at older customers, so having large text in the app is consistent with that.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Rob5342 said:
    Nationwide do.aim themselves at older customers, so having large text in the app is consistent with that.

Yes, I think you might be right - I'd imagine that there's something in the upgrade that improves accessibility - something Nationwide have been pretty good at.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Rob5342 said:
    Like him? 

Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Lightning360
    Lightning360 Posts: 320 Forumite
    edited 11 March at 11:41PM
    Options
    Rob5342 said:

Yes, I think you might be right - I'd imagine that there's something in the upgrade that improves accessibility - something Nationwide have been pretty good at.
    Although their rebrand (the red and blue) does fail accessibility tests at smaller font/image sizes. When the rebrand occurred, there were a decent number of people saying they were struggling with the choice of colours and that their new branding wasn't accessible. 

I do agree the larger size with more spacing will likely be good for accessibility purposes.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Options
    If the nationwide mobile banking app is bad! Wonder what the bank statements are like! Hopefully better
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,614 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I quite like the look of the new app.  As you say the balances show up larger and the screen is less cluttered. 

I only have two accounts with them so no need to scroll. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many 1 and 2 star reviews on google play.  Only one bad written review on the app store so far even though the apps look identical.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback