PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Reading as a cheap hobby

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 May at 7:47PM
    Options
    Brie said:
    They took our one for Switzerland too!!?!!??  Cheeky fluffers!!!
    I bought that one years ago for the chalet school references. Never been obviously. 
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A couple of books I'd reserved at the library arrived yesterday so I've picked them up: two more by Carlos Ruiz Zamon, fortunately less weighty than the first one of his I read ... 
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Pennypincin
    Pennypincin Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I second world of books too, sometimes they do offer such as 3 for 2 or buy 3 get the 4th free.
    Abe books ive looked at, but postage is often charged with Abe books, but if I've found that books can be found without postage or minimal postage charges.
    Decluttering campaign 2023
    2 🏅🏅 + 1 ⭐️
  • gardeningwinseverytime
    Options
    -taff said:
    Love the Rivers of London series, but aren't the novellas expensive! I bought one by mistake...Also Mark Lawrence books
    I was sneaky and got to use the bookcase in the next year up at primary school until I fluffed it by getting a book I didn't like and not being able to tell the teacher the one time I didn't read something what it was about...I managed to join the adult library a couple of years before you were allowed to because i'd read everything in the childrens.. I didn't understand much of a marxist winnie the pooh though.....two books that stick in my memory of the childrens library were one about a journey a young boy? makes through the representations of the zodiac, I do remember the scorpion stinging him on the head to send hm back to his world, and another which scared the pants off me, there was a demon or something in it called The Shadrach but blowed if I can find what it was, this would have been late seventies...
    Could the scary one have been The Hunting of Shadroth? 
    Between that and sneaking my older sister’s Ira Levins out of the cupboard where she’d hidden them, it’s no wonder I can’t do even mild horror these days.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback