Options

Comments

• Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DPR87 said:
    DPR87 said:
    I have a spare Monzo account kicking about.
    Is type of account okay to switch? Doesn't seem like a real bank account haha
    Monzo is considered as one of the UK banks and building societies that are signed-up to the Current Account Switch Service, check out below URL

I have personally switched Monzo to Barclays but it will be few years you will be accepted back at Monzo.

Great thanks - They won't let you re-open an account so soon afterwards?

yes some have reported may not accept for at least 12 months but dont know for sure.  I re-applied after 4 years providing different email address and mobile number and was accepted.
  • Bazzalona13295
    Options
    macy08 said:
    Apologies for asking but my phone is playing up and it cannot load/see stuff properly.

Am I right in thinking that : 

We don't need direct debits 
    Having a Nat West current account does not exclude me from RBS as I have never switched to them?

Many thanks
    No direct debits needed

Having one account with the group does not exclude you from the others 
    Many thanks.
  • DPR87
    DPR87 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just trying the NatWest one...any body else getting we cannot cont. With your request online ?
  • brainiack
    brainiack Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there a free account to open and switch? The terms and conditions say only fee charged accounts are eligible.
  • Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 February at 7:46PM
    Options
    brainiack said:
    Is there a free account to open and switch? The terms and conditions say only fee charged accounts are eligible.
    Hope so as I've switched to a free one.

Edit - mine will be a 'Select' account which as far as I can see is eligible.
  • Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    DPR87 said:
    Just trying the NatWest one...any body else getting we cannot cont. With your request online ?

My wife tried with RBS and got same message.  She already have one NatWest Rewards account.
  • TOBYTOTS99
    TOBYTOTS99 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes just got the same message
  • rider22
    rider22 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macy08 said:

Can I open an new account with bank A  today then once account is opened  switch to bank B to get the award?
    Yes. I just added a Chase account via the app and used that. No card. No direct debits. Just £1 in the account.
    Oops, wish i'd read this, I was just getting an additional DD onto my chase account for the Lloyds offer (didnt really want to lose chase, but seemed too good to miss). 
    Then this morning I saw the Natwest and jumped in and used my Chase account, that has one DD and 1 setting up (even though they werent needed for the offer). 
    I havent yet been through the ID check. So I am thinking 2 options. 
    1. Could I cancel the Natwest switch and start again with a new additional chase account? Or 
    2. Before it switches, could i add another Chase account to use for Lloyds (and get the DDs set up)? Or do they view it as the Main Chase account, from which i wouldnt be able to hold additional?
    Sorry, so many questions, but i want to take advantage of both.
    I'd open another Chase account right now so you still have one active when the original one switches away.  Chase allow up to 10??? current accounts at any one time.  From what I understand the debit card will move to the next current account if the original one is closed.
    macy08 said:

Can I open an new account with bank A  today then once account is opened  switch to bank B to get the award?
    Yes. I just added a Chase account via the app and used that. No card. No direct debits. Just £1 in the account.
    Oops, wish i'd read this, I was just getting an additional DD onto my chase account for the Lloyds offer (didnt really want to lose chase, but seemed too good to miss). 
    Then this morning I saw the Natwest and jumped in and used my Chase account, that has one DD and 1 setting up (even though they werent needed for the offer). 
    1. Could I cancel the Natwest switch and start again with a new additional chase account? Or 
    2. Before it switches, could i add another Chase account to use for Lloyds (and get the DDs set up)? Or do they view it as the Main Chase account, from which i wouldnt be able to hold additional?
    I'd open another Chase account right now so you still have one active when the original one switches away.  Chase allow up to 10??? current accounts at any one time.  From what I understand the debit card will move to the next current account if the original one is closed.
    i think you need to switch the second account with chase not the original one and the original one sines with debit card 
  • DPR87
    DPR87 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DPR87 said:

My wife tried with RBS and got same message.  She already have one NatWest Rewards account.
    Strange - I was trying for my wife too but she doesn't have an account with RBS NatWest or ulster
  • Stargunner
    Stargunner Posts: 690 Forumite
    Options
    rider22 said:
    macy08 said:

macy08 said:

i think you need to switch the second account with chase not the original one and the original one sines with debit card 
    You can switch either account. You can also change the account that the debit card is assigned to within the app.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback