Options

Comments

• SickGroove
    SickGroove Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 February at 3:10PM
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    So, I've already got a joint NatWest account since 2016...

Am I still eligible for the RBS offer as a new sole account holder? I've never had an account with RBS.
    That is what the offer states - not eligible if you took advantage of a switching offer since 1/1/2020
    Could I then also take out a sole NatWest account & get that offer too?
    So benefitting from both RBS & NatWest offers?
    Sole/joint doesn't matter - taking advantage any switch incentive from NatWest, RBS or Ulster since 2020 will disqualify you from both the current NatWest and RBS offers under the terms of this offer.

That said, it's a completely different story in my view if they fail to enforce their own T&Cs. Plenty of people managed to get incentives the last few times they've run these offers when they shouldn't technically have been eligible. Could try your luck and see what happens.
    So, I've only got a joint NatWest account (opened 2016) & have never used any switch incentive for NatWest, RBS or Ulster so what can I apply for?

Hoping to use these cashback offers to pay for my football season ticket! 
  • trickydicky14
    trickydicky14 Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    rider22 said:
    Can I open an new account with bank A  today then once account is opened  switch to bank B to get the award?
    Yes. I just added a Chase account via the app and used that. No card. No direct debits. Just £1 in the account.
    so are you opening additional account in chase and switching that one ? so your main chase account with debit card will remain active ?
    yes opened an additional account in chase. Left debit card on main chase account.
    I have just used my first and only Chase account to switch to Co-Op bank but before it went through I also opened a second Chase account. Now I'm aware I did not do it as above, so will I be issues a new debit card for my new chase account or do you continue to use your old debit card on the new account.
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • jaxxx
    jaxxx Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could I ask how they check ID to open a NatWest account online?  Do they just use existing banking records or do you need to go into Branch?  Also just to double check, would I need a Debit Card on the account I am switching from?
  • jefaz07
    jefaz07 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had a NatWest for a long time. Got the switch in bonus I think last year. Switching with a donor to RBS and time will tell if I qualify. Going to use it as our new joint anyway. 
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It’s also RBS offering it. 
    Ulster too:
    https://www.ulsterbank.co.uk/current-accounts/switch-to-ulster-bank.html

I should now be able to complete the NWG trinity of switch bungs
    Many thanks for drawing this to my attention both. The first page of this thread has now been updated to reflect this with Ts&Cs for all three offers now archived on there for future reference.
  • charlie12525
    charlie12525 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could someone who has applied for this offer today please assist.
    I have a donor bank account which I haven't used for years but I can not remember if I have a debit card for the account.
    During the switch application does it ask if you have a debit card on the donor account?
    If so, what info does it require from the card. Expiry date? 16 digit number? 3 digit code?
    Thanks.
  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could someone who has applied for this offer today please assist.
    I have a donor bank account which I haven't used for years but I can not remember if I have a debit card for the account.
    During the switch application does it ask if you have a debit card on the donor account?
    If so, what info does it require from the card. Expiry date? 16 digit number? 3 digit code?
    Thanks.
    There is an option to say you had a card but lost it or something like that.
  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    rider22 said:
    Can I open an new account with bank A  today then once account is opened  switch to bank B to get the award?
    Yes. I just added a Chase account via the app and used that. No card. No direct debits. Just £1 in the account.
    so are you opening additional account in chase and switching that one ? so your main chase account with debit card will remain active ?
    yes opened an additional account in chase. Left debit card on main chase account.
    I have just used my first and only Chase account to switch to Co-Op bank but before it went through I also opened a second Chase account. Now I'm aware I did not do it as above, so will I be issues a new debit card for my new chase account or do you continue to use your old debit card on the new account.
    I'm not 100% sure but believe your old card will switch to the second account. If so it will still be showing in the app.
  • Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    jaxxx said:
    Could I ask how they check ID to open a NatWest account online?  Do they just use existing banking records or do you need to go into Branch?  Also just to double check, would I need a Debit Card on the account I am switching from?
    They use something called HooYu, they send you a text link where you have to send pictures of your ID and a selfie iirc.

The debit card is optional in the Natwest switching form, but some banks will reject switches if you have one but you don't put it in - that's not really down to Natwest but instead the bank you're switching from.

So you should be fine if you've got an account which supports CASS but doesn't have a debit card for whatever reason. If you just haven't received your debit card yet, I'd probably wait till you get it, and enter it, just incase the switch got rejected at your original banks end. 

Personally I've used Chase secondary accounts to switch a few times, and I've not needed to put a debit card number in for those.

• superdayold
    superdayold Posts: 54 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    macy08 said:

Oops, wish i'd read this, I was just getting an additional DD onto my chase account for the Lloyds offer (didnt really want to lose chase, but seemed too good to miss). 
    Then this morning I saw the Natwest and jumped in and used my Chase account, that has one DD and 1 setting up (even though they werent needed for the offer). 
    I havent yet been through the ID check. So I am thinking 2 options. 
    1. Could I cancel the Natwest switch and start again with a new additional chase account? Or 
    2. Before it switches, could i add another Chase account to use for Lloyds (and get the DDs set up)? Or do they view it as the Main Chase account, from which i wouldnt be able to hold additional?
    Sorry, so many questions, but i want to take advantage of both.
    I'd open another Chase account right now so you still have one active when the original one switches away.  Chase allow up to 10??? current accounts at any one time.  From what I understand the debit card will move to the next current account if the original one is closed.

Thank you! I have opened a new account in the hope that is true, or if they will let me change the account I have put. I havent done the ID check yet as my passport is at home, so the switch isnt fully requested yet.
    I been on Lloyds chat in the app (I also have a CC with Natwest) and left a message asking it is possible to change the details given and not lose the incentive, so I will wait for a reply (apparantly I will get a text) and hope to change the account number to the other account with out DDs
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback