NatWest/RBS/Ulster £200 Switching Offer 15/2/2024-2/4/2024

Options

Comments

• DPR87
    DPR87 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a spare Monzo account kicking about.
    Is type of account okay to switch? Doesn't seem like a real bank account haha
  • Birdman2015
    Birdman2015 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Just to double check, if I qualify, I can apply for switches from all 3 brands and get 3 sets of switch rewards? 
  • Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DPR87 said:
    Monzo is considered as one of the UK banks and building societies that are signed-up to the Current Account Switch Service, check out below URL

I have personally switched Monzo to Barclays but it will be few years you will be accepted back at Monzo.

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to double check, if I qualify, I can apply for switches from all 3 brands and get 3 sets of switch rewards? 
    You can try but they may reject 2 of them on the grounds you have now had an incentive so don't qualify per the terms, or they might pay
  • bigstevex
    bigstevex Posts: 913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bigstevex said:
    bigstevex said:
    Am I reading this correctly then that I can open 3 spare chase current accounts and do a switch to Natwest, Ulster and RBS at the same time using 1 of the accounts for each switch.  
    Then as long as I follow the rules on the switch, I’ll get 3 x £200 bonuses?
    Quite a few of us got pay-outs from NW RBS and Ulster last year. It's Chase that might have issues with opening and switching multiple accounts. As mentioned above, use separate donors and you should be ok.
    That’s good to hear so it’s definitely possible.   Which are the easiest to open as a donor? 
    Metro Monzo are best, as no hard search. You will need to wait for the debit card to arrive though. Chase, just open a second account, no need to use card details for this.
    Metro can’t validate my address from my ID weirdly.  Monzo is opened fine, is there a third option for easy opening?
  • DPR87
    DPR87 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    DPR87 said:
    Monzo is considered as one of the UK banks and building societies that are signed-up to the Current Account Switch Service, check out below URL

I have personally switched Monzo to Barclays but it will be few years you will be accepted back at Monzo.

Great thanks - They won't let you re-open an account so soon afterwards?
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 15 February at 6:47PM
    Options
    I applied and everything seemed to be going well and the account was reserved for. me. They then said they would need to carry out final checks and then declined my application. Not sure why as was accepted for the Co op bank and Barclays and nothing on my credit report to spook them.  Also I have a Natwest credit card and is no issues there. Also I do not remember being asked for my occupation or income and details of my previous address as only moved here about 1 year ago. 

• pedrodelgado
    pedrodelgado Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
     Worth noting this sneaky little clause in the T&Cs:
    'For a payment to be counted towards the £1,250, the funds must remain in the account for a period of 24 hours.'

Good to point that out, not really a big deal for most but good to mention rather than the quick in n out we all usually do. 
  • poshrule_uk
    poshrule_uk Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have applied, last had the NatWest offer in 2018.

Had RBS a couple of years ago and Ulster last year.

Do we think I can do the £1,250 in for the 24 hours soon as I applied or am I best to wait for the switch to complete?
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    bigstevex said:
    bigstevex said:
    bigstevex said:
    Am I reading this correctly then that I can open 3 spare chase current accounts and do a switch to Natwest, Ulster and RBS at the same time using 1 of the accounts for each switch.  
    Then as long as I follow the rules on the switch, I’ll get 3 x £200 bonuses?
    Quite a few of us got pay-outs from NW RBS and Ulster last year. It's Chase that might have issues with opening and switching multiple accounts. As mentioned above, use separate donors and you should be ok.
    That’s good to hear so it’s definitely possible.   Which are the easiest to open as a donor? 
    Metro Monzo are best, as no hard search. You will need to wait for the debit card to arrive though. Chase, just open a second account, no need to use card details for this.
    Metro can’t validate my address from my ID weirdly.  Monzo is opened fine, is there a third option for easy opening?
    Not sure which others to use. Might be worth trying metro again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback