Halifax Reward current account

Options
GTR_King
GTR_King Posts: 1,800 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 6 February at 8:54PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I got letter (Inbox) to say Halifax Reward current account is changing to normal current account, April 24 Fair Doos as I have been slacking lol 😂 as gave up sorting accounts out lol! anyway Can I change it back after April? 

Or should I move account to get a reward else where had account for years (not main bank account)

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,551 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, probably. Why do you want a Reward account if you cba with the hoop jumping?
  • GTR_King
    Options
    I normally use it been slacking last few months various issues but will get back into it 
  • Compound_2
    Compound_2 Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you at least circulate 1500 to avoid the monthly fee? If you don't do this and don't meet the Reward criteria then they may decide the account is unsuitable as it's a real loss. But if you fund the account sufficiently to keep it free, it can be justified to hold the account without qualifying for Rewards as you might for example do the required spending later and there are some better interest rates open to Reward customers than Halifax's standard offerings.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There might be something in the T&Cs somewhere they'll downgrade it if you don't make use of it. Probably some regulatory thing. I'm sure I read somewhere that Barclays do the same thing 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • GTR_King
    Options
    Thanks I did the required pay in this month & will do next month if they downgrade me then will accept that 
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have noticed that the activity made on 2nd May hasn't tracked. But later transactions have so not a timing issue.
    Anyone else had this issue?
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,551 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ZeroSum said:
    Have noticed that the activity made on 2nd May hasn't tracked. But later transactions have so not a timing issue.
    By activity do you mean debit card payments?

If so, you should be aware they don't all complete at the same speed - even if you use the same retailer. 
  • ele7z
    ele7z Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ZeroSum said:
    I do all the requirements on the 1st and I checked it on 3rd or 4th, whenever it updated, and it had it all complete. I checked again today and now it says £0 has been spent, £0 has been deposited. Might just be a bug but I’m redoing the requirements.
  • ZeroSum
    Options
    WillPS said:
    ZeroSum said:
    By activity do you mean debit card payments?

If so, you should be aware they don't all complete at the same speed - even if you use the same retailer. 
    Card payments & deposit. Speed is irrelevant as later ones have worked.
  • ZeroSum
    Options
    ele7z said:
    ZeroSum said:
    I do all the requirements on the 1st and I checked it on 3rd or 4th, whenever it updated, and it had it all complete. I checked again today and now it says £0 has been spent, £0 has been deposited. Might just be a bug but I’m redoing the requirements.
    Pleased it's not just me. They've had tracking issues previously so hopefully they pick it up & fix
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback