DFS SCAMS

Comments

• Arfa_2
    Arfa_2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    To anyone thinking of buying a suite in the Manchester/Cheshire area you could try Arighi Bianchi, a massive family run furniture store in Macclesfield. They are not the cheapest, but their quality is excellent.
    Arighi have 2 sales a year when they offer 10% off with a further 5% off if you order on their preview night (usually the week before). At the December preview night they also give out free champagne, canapes, petit-fours and chocolates and have a jazz band, an opera singer, a string quartet and a swing band playing in various parts of the store.
    We bought a suite from them in Dec 2002 and got the full 15% off plus interest free credit. :)
    And if you buy things that need to be assembled or fixed to the wall the delivery people also do that for you at no extra charge. Now that's what I call service.
  • Hi all,

Anyone know of any more good suppliers in the Manchester area?

[move]Leo :):)[/move]
    Dont you just love freshly congealed pigs blood, with a bit of fat in :D
  • ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I have to declare an interest in this matter re previous comments on Divani Mail Order.

Divani Mail Order as well as Oakridge, Thomas Lloyd, Kirkdale, Leather Workshop Direct and Odeon are all part of Sofa Sofa.

Go to https://www.sofasofa.co.uk and you can view all the group's products and request a catalogue, or ring 01495-244226

All products come with a 21 day money back guarantee and a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

The whole range can be viewed at stores in Cardiff or Birmingham
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    [flash=200,200]Hi, [/flash]

I started of this topic so that everyone out there could share there views on DFS, but now it seems people are trying to get others to buy from companies like 'Sofa Sofa' this is not what I wanted to do!..

DFS are now apparently worth 480million!.. I do hope there salemen can sleep at night with all those dodgy sofas!.. we never did get a refund so if your thinking of buying a DFS sofa dont fall in the trap of Linda Barker's temting 'must end sunday 5PM but we will keep it going till next sunday 5PM if you buy' trap!.... hey those introductiory prices must end soon?> !!!

If you are reading this! stop, look and listen and dont get caught out!.. all the best! James
    8)
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I have to declare an interest in this matter re previous comments on Divani Mail Order.

Divani Mail Order as well as Oakridge, Thomas Lloyd, Kirkdale, Leather Workshop Direct and Odeon are all part of Sofa Sofa.

Go to https://www.sofasofa.co.uk and you can view all the group's products and request a catalogue, or ring  01495-244226

All products come with a 21 day money back guarantee and a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

The whole range can be viewed at stores in Cardiff or Birmingham
    Fantastic

I've been looking for reasonably priced chesterfields for ages
    Found them on sofasofa
    Cheers

now all I gotta do is rehome the cats

only kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Another satisfied customer for 'Sofa Sofa' ;

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    This thread has been brilliant. I'm on the sofa hunt as well and had chosen DFS for my next sofa. Now I will be hunting on the SofaSofa website. Thanks all for saving me from the clutchs of DFS. ::)
  • Jimble
    Jimble Posts: 394
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Has anyone else had experience of "You're Furnished"?...or been there since the details were mentioned earlier in this thread?
  • ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DFS have just reportrd a drop in profits in the past year, and are also reporting a 'not too good year ahead'

I wonder why???????????????????

Perhaps the public have at last woken up to their advertising scams.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Hiya

I know this isn't the pint of this thread. BUT I would be interested to know what people think of the sofa's they bought at "sofa sofa" they seem to good to be true.

Thanks

Alison
    x
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business