Rejecting new car due to dealer misfuel

Comments

• 99iainb
    99iainb Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    m0bov said:
    OP should be doing an LBA and going the court route, they will just string you along as long as possible.
    It's certainly looking that way, just in the process of gathering the final pieces of evidence
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can LBA them now, that gives you 7 days, at least they will know your serious.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,681 Forumite
    Is the car working now? If not I'd be threatening to hire a vehicle until it's sorted and add the cost of that to the court claim too, in the LBA.

A mounting cost brought on by their delays might hurry things up a bit.
  • 99iainb
    edited 16 March at 11:45AM
    Herzlos said:
    Is the car working now? If not I'd be threatening to hire a vehicle until it's sorted and add the cost of that to the court claim too, in the LBA.

Car is working, it's just sat on the drive as I don't want to put any miles on it if I'm rejecting it. Sent an email off today to all 3 parties, retail dealer, repairing dealer and Hyundai UK... retail dealer did come back to me more or less straight away saying that they had no way of contacting Hyundai UK customer services

Lol, what a crock of absolute shi...ugar!

Not heard back from either of the others and now I don't expect to tbh.

Just need to hear back from Morrisons then it's rejection time!
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm not sure what you expect Morrisons to confirm. You already have the results of the test.

If you want to reject do it now. It is dealer that you have to go to, not manufacture.
    As said before to get your £1250 back it's letter before action (I would take both dealer & Hyundai) & court if they fail to pay up.
    Life in the slow lane
  • 99iainb
    I'm not sure what you expect Morrisons to confirm. You already have the results of the test.

If you want to reject do it now. It is dealer that you have to go to, not manufacture.
    As said before to get your £1250 back it's letter before action (I would take both dealer & Hyundai) & court if they fail to pay up.
    I'm just waiting for Morrisons to say that their fuel is good, so when Hyundai point to the water content in the fuel there's nowhere for them to go with it. I've already been to see my local mechanic who said that the water in the fuel would in no way effect the running of the car... just want all my ducks in a row before commencing, the letter of rejection has already gone in on the 17th of Jan subject to the outcome of the fuel analysis. 

Yes, the £1,250 will need to be claimed back from the repairing dealer either through court or mediation service
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,681 Forumite
    99iainb said:
    Herzlos said:

Car is working, it's just sat on the drive as I don't want to put any miles on it if I'm rejecting it.
    If you're rejecting it, then it should be sat on their plot with the keys in their office. The sooner the better.

Then you can get a rental car to use until it's sorted out. As long as you go for something reasonable you shouldn't have any problems getting it reimbursed.

• rigolith
    rigolith Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    Yes, dump it on their forecourt.
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    rigolith said:
    Yes, dump it on their forecourt.
    This is exactly what I did - if you can't get them to give you a receipt get someone to record you doing it and handing the keys in so you have evidence at a later date.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback